Pullstart

No Broken Bones… this time

Pullstart

@davem1111 you take the prize!  After x-rays in the ER and a follow up with “Andrew” (that’s right, he didn’t even get a title from the staff at the doc’s office!), I just have bruised ribs and a strained supraspinatus muscle.  PT and RICE for me.

To recap the incident, we were at a friend’s house about 100 miles away with Norman, the camper and 4 Wheel Horses.  The host sold some of his drones in order to buy new toys, one wheeled hoverboards.

exhibit A:

9014189F-6155-4058-A897-FB3D4604EA21.jpeg.656040c8219a21f24a318a549a4ebceb.jpeg

being familiar with snowboarding, skateboarding, etc… my first try became a natural feeling.  Within about 10 minutes, I was zipping all over the place.  As I was attempting to go as fast as possible, I was thinking “we need jumps for these” and the front of the board dug in to the yard and off I went flying.  Rylee proudly exclaimed how she saw the whole thing and I humbly told her that it hurts very bad.  My buddy’s wife listed all the pain meds she had available and Mrs. P simply stated “no thanks, I want him to feel it.”  I responded “I feel it Babe!”  Simple tasks like breathing, coughing, sneezing, etc. suck.  Pulling up my pants or buttoning them, that’s just miserable.  I have my weekly 9 holes of golf at 4 today.  I’m thinking one handed swings might take the cake tonight!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

ri702bill
5 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

and Mrs. P simply stated “no thanks, I want him to feel it.”

Yep, Kevin, she's a keeper!!  I googled "Reinforcement";

"There are four types of reinforcement. Positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, extinction, and punishment."

I'm on the fence about her choice; it's a tie between the second and fourth.....

Hope you feel better soon. I, for one, do not play golf - never did - I have enough things in my life to aggrevate me already !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Once again… please wear proper ppe…

Or... don't do stupid things and you won't need it... :hide:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Bill D

Why, Kevin why?  You're old enough to know better.  The older you get the easier it is to get hurt and the slower you heal.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Freightliner Guy

At least he didn’t jump a three wheeler with no suspension cuz that hurts depending on speed and terrain 

Edited by The Freightliner Guy

Bill D
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

@davem1111 you take the prize!  After x-rays in the ER and a follow up with “Andrew” (that’s right, he didn’t even get a title from the staff at the doc’s office!), I just have bruised ribs and a strained supraspinatus muscle.  PT and RICE for me.

To recap the incident, we were at a friend’s house about 100 miles away with Norman, the camper and 4 Wheel Horses.  The host sold some of his drones in order to buy new toys, one wheeled hoverboards.

exhibit A:

9014189F-6155-4058-A897-FB3D4604EA21.jpeg.656040c8219a21f24a318a549a4ebceb.jpeg

being familiar with snowboarding, skateboarding, etc… my first try became a natural feeling.  Within about 10 minutes, I was zipping all over the place.  As I was attempting to go as fast as possible, I was thinking “we need jumps for these” and the front of the board dug in to the yard and off I went flying.  Rylee proudly exclaimed how she saw the whole thing and I humbly told her that it hurts very bad.  My buddy’s wife listed all the pain meds she had available and Mrs. P simply stated “no thanks, I want him to feel it.”  I responded “I feel it Babe!”  Simple tasks like breathing, coughing, sneezing, etc. suck.  Pulling up my pants or buttoning them, that’s just miserable.  I have my weekly 9 holes of golf at 4 today.  I’m thinking one handed swings might take the cake tonight!

Skip the golf

• Haha 2

Pullstart
55 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

don't do stupid things

“What’s the use of life if you ain’t livin?  You sip your water, I’ll drink my beer.  I’ll take a couple years off my life, ‘fore I take life off of my years.”  Lee Brice

• Like 3

8ntruck

Again, I'll fall back on something I have written here many times.

Kevin gained some knowledge in this adventure.  By sharing it with the rest of us, he has given us some wisdom.

Take it easy and heal well.

Oh, I gotta ask, what exactly did you learn here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
Just now, 8ntruck said:

Again, I'll fall back on something I have written here many times.

Kevin gained some knowledge in this adventure.  By sharing it with the rest of us, he has given us some wisdom.

Take it easy and heal well.

Oh, I gotta ask, what exactly did you learn here?

I learned that I DID go the fastest of the weekend!  I also learned those electricamobobs have limits that do not meet my expectations of top speed.  Also, they should have wheelie bars on the front of them, and helmets don’t always protect your body parts!  I didn’t have a helmet on, though… but my head never touched the ground either.

• Like 4

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

You sip your water, I’ll drink my beer.

A person asked the question... "why do people use intoxicants?" :eusa-think:

The other person answered.... "because it brings out your personality..." :eusa-dance:

The first person then asked... "but what if you're an A-hole?" :confusion-confused:

Don

• Haha 4

Jeff-C175
5 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

"but what if you're an A-hole?"

I have a tee shirt that the Treasurer gave me years ago.

INSTANT A-HOLE

JUST ADD ALCOHOL

Sadly... I believe it is true!

(but then... in reality... I don't need much help!) :rolleyes:

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 6

Snoopy11
Just now, Jeff-C175 said:

INSTANT A-HOLE

JUST ADD ALCOHOL

Of course it's true! I would DEFINITELY need that T-shirt if I drunk alcohol... as do most people. :ph34r:

LEO friend of mine calls it A-lcohol... :rolleyes:

Don

• Haha 1

Pullstart

It was more a metaphor, than saying beer will fix it.  I’ll choose to take the jump, take the risk, try the new thing.  Even if there’s a bad ending.  I’d rather not wish I had tried.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I’ll choose to take the jump, take the risk, try the new thing.  Even if there’s a bad ending.

Kevin... I think we all know what you mean... it's just a matter of... us caring... :greetings-waveyellow:

In my case, I worry that the "bad ending" could end up like a family member of mine. I haven't ever spoken about this in a public forum... but I'll just give you the picture of the Ranger. This is why I care. :(

fatal wreck on 24/27

Some things... just aren't worth it. That beer, that text, that phone call, that cigarette, that, that, that... and BOOM... you're gone.

Don

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Pullstart

Sorry for your loss Don.  I know that I’ll die some day.  I don’t know when, that’s not part of MY plan.  I won’t be negligent to others, but I refuse to live in fear or in a bubble.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Snoopy11
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I won’t be negligent to others, but I refuse to live in fear or in a bubble.

Nope... neither will I... but... you won't see me on one of those hoverboards anytime soon... :teasing-neener:

Don

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

At least he didn’t jump a three wheeler with no suspension cuz that hurts depending on speed and terrain 

Don't you love a 3 wheeler? You're standing up on it over rough terrain and you go to sit down and the seat comes up and meets you halfway? :confusion-seeingstars::confusion-seeingstars::confusion-seeingstars:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The Freightliner Guy

Speed is key rough terrain you go slow especially when I’m on a atc70 slow over the bumps is better but if yer on a atc110 you might have a more comfortable ride on the dirt I can go faster on bumps on my Yamaha tri-zinger because it has front shocks

• Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, squonk said:

You're standing up on it over rough terrain and you go to sit down and the seat comes up and meets you halfway?

This same thing happens on dirt bikes. After a good day of riding you end up with a bad case of "monkey butt":D

1837001506_images(7).jpg.e9a9c60e62f6fe2dd29efe0b8cf2bc71.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

squonk

image.jpeg.c3919833f3b5a03fc09b0e00c8b9e0b2.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ri702bill
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Don't you love a 3 wheeler?

Nope - a Widow Maker just itching to happen.....

The Freightliner Guy

Well I love ‘em 

The Freightliner Guy

I use a 3 wheeler almost every day today I’m using Clifford the 1979 atc 110 to pull a artic cat 120. And I’ve used the red 1985 atc70 in the background 

Edited by The Freightliner Guy
Nvm I can’t seem to post the pic currently but I’ll post it soon hopefully

TJ5208

Well it least it isn't as bad as jumping off ramps with a bike. Nothing broken yet.:D

Edited by TJ Salyers