stevebo

Stevebo’s 2022 Annual Meet and Greet

stevebo

I want to thank everyone who made the trip yesterday. Perfect weather and a very good turnout. Also thank you to all those who brought food and drinks. Special thanks to Alex for bringing his portable cooking station on back of his C195! Some pics and video coming. 

• Like 3

JCM

Congrats on the excellent weather and a good turnout @stevebo Great way to spend a weekend with WH buddies and enjoying a 50 ring guage while your at it. Very satisfying  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Congrats on the excellent weather and a good turnout @stevebo Great way to spend a weekend with WH buddies and enjoying a 50 ring guage while your at it. Very satisfying  :auto-layrubber:

Gotta get you n Patti down there for the event.  

Bring your 420 and take that for the big cruise.

Handy Don

As you could see from the pics and videos, it was a great assortment.

Around 30 WHs from Seniors up through the Classic. A couple of repowers and a couple of full customs.

• Like 1

ri702bill

Steve - nice fit on the cast iron wheel weights I bought from you Saturday. Took the coating off the outsides with a needle scaler, three coats of semigloss black and they look great.

Got a little creative with the hardware, turned eight 1/2" x 6" hex bolts into square head bolts to fit the 11/16" pockets. The bolts got a coat or 2 of black today.

Thanks to you and your immediate family for making the WH family welcome.

Bill & Chris

• Like 3

stevebo

Need to see pics!!

• Thanks 1

Handy Don

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1

ri702bill

Patience, young Skywalkers .... like a couple of kids in a candy store ! .... I had to wait for the rain to stop to snap these pictures......

Machining the bolt heads down from 6 to 4 sides is super easy if you have the tooling - I have the matched pair of square and hex collet blocks. They use standard 5C Lathe collets and they are true for shape, position, and centerline height within .001 inch. Fixture the bolt, touch the end cutting tool to a top flat, zero the Z axis, move the part, advance the Z down .040 and lock it. Cut the first flat, remove the block, rotate it 90 degrees, clamp it and take a 2nd cut. Repeat for the other two sides, remove & deburr. The fixturing & milling machine do all the work - I'm just the guy working the handwheels.... Repeat to remove the raised text on the heads, using a large side cutting endmill...

P1010177.JPG

P1010178.JPG

P1010176.JPG

P1010175.JPG

P1010179.JPG

Edited by ri702bill