wh5208speed

Front Weight Bracket

wh5208speed

Picked up this cast iron front weight bracket today. Need to find the special bolts for the frame, but this will help put some down pressure on the front tires while plowing snow.

784F8620-DB16-4FD1-98ED-B953F86EF9C2.jpeg

• Like 5

c-series don

I found one in a dealers basement a few years ago. Definitely helps with my vacuum setup and the weight of the loaded buckets of grass clippings. 

1BBDA33A-0CAB-4D37-8C76-F20EAC661C76.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca

• Like 4

littleredrider

I need like 3 of those!!! Especially the 520 with the diesel. It's a heavy motor, but not as much as the Onan. Plus with loaded 25x12x12s on 10" rims, it holds some water. Put a plow on the back and wheelie's are effortless. 

• Like 1

lynnmor
9 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

I think that mounting the weights like in the above photo is better way so only the rounded corners are exposed.

• Like 1

Pullstart
12 hours ago, wh5208speed said:

Need to find the special bolts for the frame

My front hanging weight simply has SBC exhaust manifold bolts pushed into the holes.  The weight hangs on the frame and creates a leverage that doesn’t allow the bolts loose.  I’m not sure if this will help you or not, but I figured I would mention it.

015DE8DF-7C59-487E-98E5-32DA66EA58BE.jpeg

wallfish
12 hours ago, wh5208speed said:

Need to find the special bolts for the frame

No special bolts required? 3/8 x 1 1/4" should do it. Look at the manual pic gwest posted, the bolts are shown in the pic. Everyday 3/8 bolts with washers.

It doesn't need to pass all the way through the frame like the bar with the clips is doing

SPINJIM

Someone at the Big Show sold me one of those brackets that he had custom made; perfect replica.  Don't know if he is making them in any quantity, but there seems to be some demand for them.   They're NLA from Toro, but when they were available, they were $125.    The bolts for the mounting of the bracket are nothing "special";  just a high strength hex head that go through the holes already drilled in the frame of most models.