Dieseltu

Wider wheels and tires

Dieseltu

Some of you guys have wider wheels and tires on the 856 ish series mowers . I got those skinny wheels with the 5.50 tires . And ordered some 4.5 tires instead .  Do the wider wheels fit on the spindles or is there wider spindles. Also i could weld a rod  extension all the way through   on the  spindles and  grind/ sand  it straight. as a  conversion  it would be easy , I have welding gear  and can still weld . 

ebinmaine

Should be an easy conversion to get ahold of a set of mid 70s spindles, wheels and tires. 

All bolt on parts. 

ri702bill
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Should be an easy conversion to get ahold of a set of mid 70s spindles, wheels and tires. 

All bolt on parts. 

You need to be carefull for the amount of offset for the fronts so that they do not contact the front corners of the cutting deck with the wheels turned.... the 856 is a short frame tractor.... same goes for using a short frame snow plow when it is angled.....either a 42" or 48" moldboard.

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 3

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:

I ran some 6" wheels and tires off a 310 on the front of a 1055 (short frame) while I was awaiting bearings and clearance was OK, but I'm not too sure the 8" wide rims would have cleared the deck.

• Like 1