grinchsr

Gauge wheel shoulder bolts (axles) #5188

grinchsr

Anyone have a economical source for the shoulder bolts?  I am seeing insane prices   Part #5188

daveoman1966

Not famliar with part # 5188,. but here are some NEW shoulder bolts...(one is black, like new) 

I'll send your twwo fo these for $25.00...  Set of four for $40...shipped

email for more info...  daveoman@windstream.net

ps...I have other good used one too...from 1-1/4" to 2"...all 1/2" dia

COVER 009.JPG

COVER 013.JPG

Edited by daveoman1966

grinchsr

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for less cost if there is any

• Like 1

Bill D
1 hour ago, grinchsr said:

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for less cost if there is any

I got a piece of 1/2" OD steel tubing from Home Depot and cut it to length. Then take a 3/8" grade 8 bolt with a tight fitting thick fender washer on both ends.  Much cheaper. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Racinbob

Why not just go to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Ace, Tractor Supply, etc. etc. etc. and pick up a pair for < $5 ???

:confusion-shrug:

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

squonk
9 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Why not just go to Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Ace, Tractor Supply, etc. etc. etc. and pick up a pair for < $5 ???

:confusion-shrug:

Have you gotten them there Bob? All of the aftermarket shoulder bolts I've come across are either too long or to short. 

• Like 1

953 nut

https://www.boltdepot.com/Shoulder_bolts.aspx?nv=l&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_7KXBhCoARIsAPdPTfhvqiFIFW4P1cez41yUt5a1_BU1vo9_2bjPwETvueyuR6zR4QV4XcwaApPnEALw_wcB

Measure the ones you are replacing and fill in the blanks on this site. I bought some along with other stuff I was ordering and they were only a couple bucks each.

1950230579_Screenshot(70).png.66baa875357a26bfa66baaac31bbf636.png

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

grinchsr

Great idea Bill going to pick up that hardware today.  I refuse to pay some of the prices I am seeing online for what I used to pay a couple of bucks for.   It's called retirement 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Racinbob
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Have you gotten them there Bob? All of the aftermarket shoulder bolts I've come across are either too long or to short. 

Yes I have Mike. I just found this picture of what they are. The piece butted up to the nut is threaded so it's adjustable. I've used them often including just recently on the deck on the 76. :)

Product main large

• Like 1

Lane Ranger
10 hours ago, 953 nut said:

https://www.boltdepot.com/Shoulder_bolts.aspx?nv=l&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_7KXBhCoARIsAPdPTfhvqiFIFW4P1cez41yUt5a1_BU1vo9_2bjPwETvueyuR6zR4QV4XcwaApPnEALw_wcB

Measure the ones you are replacing and fill in the blanks on this site. I bought some along with other stuff I was ordering and they were only a couple bucks each.

1950230579_Screenshot(70).png.66baa875357a26bfa66baaac31bbf636.png

i have been using this Bolt Depot for years Richard.  When I get a tractor like an RJ to redo I order a complete set of bolts from Bolt Depot based upon the manual. 

• Excellent 1

grinchsr

Just ordered them from Bolt depot.   Thanks

• Thanks 1

unlimitednbvi

It depends on the material of the shoulder bolts. I'm unfamiliar with this model, but I googled it, and it looks like big wall plugs.

• Like 1

unlimitednbvi
On 9/25/2022 at 8:30 AM, unlimitednbvi said:

It depends on the material of the shoulder bolts. I'm unfamiliar with this model, but I googled it, and it looks like big wall plugs.

If you want to shorten your expenses on this purchase, I suggest you find a good online construction-related marketplace. From my experience, it will cost you less if you make a big order, so you can try to find a person who also needs these shoulder bolts and order them both at once. You should look for these construction supplies at scrooz site, they have a wide range of construction-related supplies, and I bet you will be able to find a proper model.

Racinbob

Arnold Universal Wheel Bolts in the Power Equipment Accessories department at Lowes.com

Come on guys. I'll say it again. Just go to any hardware store or big box store. $3.45 at Lowes. If the link doesn't work just search item #51866 on the Lowes site. Fully adjustable and I've used them for many years. :)

• Like 1

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Arnold Universal Wheel Bolts in the Power Equipment Accessories department at Lowes.com

Come on guys. I'll say it again. Just go to any hardware store or big box store. $3.45 at Lowes. If the link doesn't work just search item #51866 on the Lowes site. Fully adjustable and I've used them for many years. :)

Key to using these is to understand that what looks like a bushing is actually a treaded spacer that you position as required and then tighten the bolt/nut so it's held in position.

• Like 2

Racinbob

Excellent claification Don. The picture in the link shows the threads. :)

• Like 2