Sign in to follow this  
Claire Smith

wiring diagram for a wheelhorse R26

Claire Smith

Is there a wiring diagram for a wheelhorse R26 Tecumseh engine 5.5hp - changed points and condenser, engine turns on key but no spark. !! Any ideas?? 😊

EE6E56C3-39A3-49D6-99F2-1DD1499AAC9E.jpeg

8D535671-0C8A-4EBC-BB89-A5195863D904.jpeg

F034D5BD-D1DD-4FFC-BD8D-5D08E1C71AF6.jpeg

Edited by Claire Smith
Added photos

SylvanLakeWH
17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

You might want to start your own post rather than tagging an existing one, you'll get more attention. I searched your model number but didn't find a wiring diagram, here is what I found. https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=2-0110&quick=1.

This service manual should help out. 

@Claire Smith

:text-welcomeconfetti:

gwest_ca

Original engine would have been a 7hp V70-125093A

See if you can disconnect the ignition wire coming from the engine and isolate it. That should allow the coil to spark. If that fails file and clean the ignition points.

To stop the spark ground the ignition wire.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• 70.5TransAmDan
      By 70.5TransAmDan
      Hello Everyone, my name's Dan and I'm a wrenchaholic.

Um, sorry. 
      That's Thursday nights meeting.

First, thank you to all you old farts out there like myself and don't get me wrong. There are many young, Old Farts in this world also.
      I think of anyone that sees beauty deep inside an old tractor, samurai sword, and yes, even a lovely lady could qualify also.
      If you're the type of person that has the patients and other qualities that's needed to bring beauty and life back to something others see as old junk, or past it's prime, you're my kind of person. 

To the point now.
      I ran across a 1980ish Argo 8x8 Amphibious vehical for the right price the other day, FREE, and of course it has the infamous Starter/Generator system. Also, it's had many unqualified druggies, and electrical experts, work on it before me.  I'm retired union electrician and fiber optic engineer so I was once qualified but,. But,. But, what was I talking bout?
      You get my point. 
      So, I was wondering if anyone could possibly point me in the direction of a midg,,,,,,. Wait,. Little Person, preferably a female and  blonde, so I won't have to do so much bending over working on this darn thing and while you're at it, maybe a wiring diagram for a complete starter/generator including a three wire voltage regulator? 

If you have information on either of these, the help would be most appreciated. 
      Really, she doesn't even have to be blonde or little.

That ought to show you just how willing I am to work with others.

Thank all of you here for sharing your wisdom so it can be handed down for others to learn. 

70.5TransAmDan 
    • illinibrew
      By illinibrew
      I have been into garden tractors for a few years.  Wanted to learn about small engines and buying an old sear suburban was cheaper than the class at the local community college.  Just got a 1980 C85 (with a johnny bucket on it).  
    • ToroWheelHorseRookie
      By ToroWheelHorseRookie
      Please Help-- I inherited this work horse from my father in-law after being passed down from his father.  I recently brought my wheel horse in for repairs and the service shop said they were unable to find the part; starter/solenoid.  I did not want to give up on this beast as even the repair shop said this is a well made machine and is better than anything built today. I eventually found the part but because the shop left the part uninstalled I was unable to see how the starter was wired.  Yesterday,  I installed the new starter/solenoid but when I connected the battery terminals the tractor wanted to start on its own.  I quickly disconnected the terminals and analyzed the electrical schematic map but I am baffled on the proper wiring.  I only have a positive (red) battery terminal wire, another red wire, black (ground) wire, and a blue wire with a slot connection.  I included pictures of the starter and the electrical schematic map.  Any help would be much appreciated!! I l would like to fix this on my own as this seems to be a simple wiring issue.  I can add pictures of the tractor itself, but at the moment its under a tarp in a shed at night. Thank you in advance, Matt     

Electrical Guide.pdf
    • 953 nut
      By 953 nut
      I have a few basic electrical system diagrams that are helpful in understanding how the wiring system works. They are not specific to any particular tractor and do not include safety switches. All use the 5 post ignition switches 103-991 for Magneto and 103-990 for Battery Ignition. I failed to include fuses in the Starter Generator drawing, this is an over-site and I would encourage fuses be used as shown in the other two drawings. 
      Hope this is helpful.
      Magneto Ignition system with electric start and solenoid.

Battery powered ignition system with points, condenser, solenoid and electric start.

Battery powered ignition with solenoid, points, condenser, Starter Generator and a mechanical voltage regulator.

We have uncovered a shortcoming in the factory  wiring diagrams for S/G battery ignition systems with a four terminal voltage regulator. The wire from the regulator "Gen" terminal to the S/G  "A" terminal was omitted. This drawing should clear that up.

• The Tuul Crib
      By The Tuul Crib
      Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 655. I found one but I'm not sure if it's correct on the hook ups any help would be appreciated!