josephbruce11212@gmail.co

First Wheel!

Well, got to do some more fiddling...the brake isn't releasing the belt enough to be able to shift into gear...

• Sad 1

953 nut

The manual has a good brake adjustment write up.

1742358792_Screenshot(68).png.34fd2588111137244360e41e647979c8.png

• Excellent 1

So the brake does work but when I push the brake the transmission pulley continues to spin?

Also, trying to find a gasket kit for H60 75063B, having no luck, are there any similar engines I could use to find these gaskets?

Handy Don
58 minutes ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

So the brake does work but when I push the brake the transmission pulley continues to spin?

On these tractors, the drive belt cover is essential. It has a tab on it near the engine pulley that rubs and stops the belt once there is a bit of slack. This assumes that: the tab is there and correctly adjusted, the belt is the correct length, and that the engine pulley "v" channel is clean and smooth. 

I would hazard a guess that for the head, crankcase, bearing plate plate, and carb intake gaskets any H60 or HH60 build would work. I've had no trouble getting aftermarket carb rebuild kits, though the quality can vary, for sure.

• Excellent 1

Then that could be part of my problem, I didn't have the belt guard on when I was trying to test drive. I did take a piece of wood wrapped with sand paper to all the pulleys as they spun, they cleaned up pretty well. I was able to find the gasket set finally. The engine sounds good, but the governor seal is shot and spewing oil! I'll have to check the belt length. Thanks Don! Just went and check....tab is intact!!

Edited by josephbruce11212@gmail.co
  • Like 3

Handy Don
11 minutes ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

the governor seal is shot and spewing oil

I don't think there is a seal for the governor shaft. There should not be enough pressure inside the crankcase to cause oil to spew from ANYWHERE on a buttoned up engine--this is a splash lubricated engine, there is no oil pump. Check, clean, and properly reinstall the crankcase vent. If the crankcase is properly vented, only a badly worn gov shaft would seep oil.

• Thanks 1

The crankcase vent must be plugged solid, it's not seeping oil it's leaking. After thinking about it, I remember seeing it "bubble" out around the govenor shaft as if it was venting through the shaft hole. If the governor shaft was that badly in shape wouldn't the performance of the engine suffer? It runs great, besides that leaking. I will check the crankcase vent and reinstall the belt guard and see if that gets us moving!! Thanks Don, you are a wealth of knowledge!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

She drives!!!! So EXCITED!!!:happy-bouncymulticolor:

• Excellent 3

Snoopy11
7 minutes ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

She drives!!!! So EXCITED!!!

Just wait, dear sir. You will fall completely in love with your old girl. They may start out as... what some people would consider junk... but once you bond with them... they are really something special. :violin:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Heart 2

The Freightliner Guy

How fast will it go . Also I love mine even though it doesn’t work because it was my great grandpa Reese’s and that’s the only thing we still have of his is that little rj

Edited by The Freightliner Guy

1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

Just wait, dear sir. You will fall completely in love with your old girl. They may start out as... what some people would consider junk... but once you bond with them... they are really something special. :violin:

Couldn't agree more!! I can't wait to get her cleaned up...keeping the patina. Then she can tell her story!  Tear her all down and rebuild her!

• Excellent 2

@The Freightliner Guy 2mph tops :happy-jumpgreen: teasing....she goes good, a guess...maybe 5

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

Tear her all down and rebuild her!

I'll ping @peter lena here to offer you some excellent wiring and lubrication advice. :greetings-waveyellow:

@ebinmaine... you have the new-to-the-herd checklist, don't you? :confusion-confused:

Don

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Gave her a light task....

20220727_134431.jpg

20220727_134424.jpg

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

The Freightliner Guy

Have you been driving it with no seat this whole time or anything but the raw metal 

Handy Don

Looks like you are on the road. Good news. 

Guess you are looking for a seat, now, too!

Just a note on speeds, WH engineers designed all their stock tractors to have speeds appropriate for their intended tasks--mowing, plowing, etc. and, TMK, that was a top speed of around 6 mph (except for the 520-HC, aimed at commercial landscapers, which could cook along at 9-ish). Some folks, of course (:)) have swapped pulleys and done other tweaks to boost speeds.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

20 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Have you been driving it with no seat this whole time or anything but the raw metal 

Raw metal, not so bad:lol:

• Haha 1

Not the color I was hoping for....

20220727_141953.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The Freightliner Guy

That looks like peanut butter hahaha but also that can’t be to good 

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

Well, some people would tell you to run diesel in the transmission to clean it out...

I would recommend a tear-down...

Don

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Guess you are looking for a seat, now, too!

Looking for a seat and a front wheel, they are mixed matched. The left front has multiple washers on front and back of wheel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

Well, some people would tell you to run diesel in the transmission to clean it out...

I would recommend a tear-down...

Don

I'll probably try to clean it a bit, but it will be tore down and rebuilt at a point.

• Excellent 1

Handy Don
Just now, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

20220727_141953.jpg

Given that the tractor looks like it's been either left out or submerged (or both?), that is no shock at all.

Lots of threads here if you search for "flushing diesel" that'll step you through getting after that. PLEASE be sure to dispose of the contaminated fluid responsibly.

Also, you almost certainly will need a new boot for the shifter. Several of the vendor supporters of this site can fix you up

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, josephbruce11212@gmail.co said:

Looking for a seat

I have a seat that @davem1111 gave me... it isn't in absolutely horrible shape... but it could use a seat cover...

I could include the seat bracket as well.

I can get some pictures of it if you are interested?

Don

• Thanks 1