WHX??

Our BS Fishing Trip.

WHX??

Lol forgot about the paddle thing.....shoulda let ya wack me back for gettin us in that honey hole! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

wh500special
1 hour ago, Achto said:

IMG_20220623_165255775_HDR_2.jpg.84a7b4311625a7d9ed9efcd73edb9aff.jpg

Great picture.  Looks like Muskie and largemouth territory. 

another picture proving to me that I live in the wrong part of the country…

steve 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Sounds like you guys had a Pullstart Moment.  :orcs-cheers:

@wh500special  Sunfish, Bluegill water. :notworthy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

SylvanLakeWH

1 hour ago, Achto said:

Jim thought he herd banjo's and decided to take a run up this creek to see where the noise was coming from.:lol: 

There was a game camera at the local gas station. Caught @Achto and @WHX?? playin' some strings... :scared-eek:

• Haha 7

roadapples

First selfie? ...yeah, well, I'd leave the selfies for others....:ROTF:

• Haha 4

WHX??
3 hours ago, wh500special said:

Great picture.  Looks like Muskie and largemouth territory.

Fer sure Steve. We had our muskie gear along but never did get around to tossing bucktails. 

3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@wh500special  Sunfish, Bluegill water. :notworthy:

Lots of that too Dino. When we limited out on bucket mouths we switched over but couldn't manage to get on the slab crappies, bull bluegills or jumbo perch. 

33 minutes ago, roadapples said:

First selfie? ...yeah, well, I'd leave the selfies for others....:ROTF:

Point  taken 'Apples :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

wh500special

Bluegills…

I think some of the most fun I’ve had fishing has been bluegill fishing.  We had a secret spot that we frequented for

years when on vacation in northern MN that yielded lots of legitimate 12” bluegills.  Mom and Dad have pictures (on slides 😠) and a couple of them mounted to prove it.  That was a ton of  fun. 

One year, I caught a 12” pumpkinseed. That was a beauty. 

Something changed in the lake and the weed bed disappeared and the fish have been gone ever since.  We never were able to figure out where they moved to, but I suspect they hold deep in the summer.  Or maybe they’re just gone.  

BIG bluegill aren’t easy to find and I’ve only lucked into them in a few places.  Best numbers were from the place in the BWCA I mentioned and on the dammed portion of the St Joseph river in Mishawaka, IN just to the East of the home of Wheel Horse.  I kept seeing marks 30’ down on the depth finder behind a bridge piling and soon discovered they were big Bluegills.   BIG.  I caught and released dozens of them on multiple occasions.  Great fun. 

that river was a great place to fish.  Walleye, smallmouth, largemouth, perch, bluegills, catfish…and trout and salmon below the dam and downstream to Lake Michigan.   Shouldn’t have moved away from there.  

The water in your picture looks like perfect habitat for top water fishing.  I don’t know what the deal is, but it seems like bass up north really respond to top water way more eagerly than they do down here.  Perhaps it’s a water clarity issue or fewer baitfish up north that makes them chase surface critters more eagerly.  Whatever the reason, I’d be walking a Zara Spook through that stuff.   A Muskie or Northern would be a bonus. 

I’ve been so busy I’ve only had the boat out once this season.   Need to get my priorities straight. 

steve

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Glad you both had fun, but you were missed, or may it was just your antics that were.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Achto
9 hours ago, wh500special said:

The water in your picture looks like perfect habitat for top water fishing.

The whole lake that we were on in the picture looked like good bass water. The water was so dark though that you could not see more that a foot down. Catching fish on top water baits is one of my favorite's. Dragging a buzz bait across calm slightly foggy water in the morning and then seeing the water explode is an absolute blast. :)  It was a little too windy for top waters when we were out in my opinion. I would like to fish this lake early morning. I think that it could be very productive, 

• Like 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Glad you both had fun, but you were missed, or may it was just your antics that were.  :laughing-rolling:

Yah I know Randy kinda bumming me lookin at all th pics. Hopefully things will settle down for next year. 

22 hours ago, wh500special said:

Something changed in the lake and the weed bed disappeared 

Problems here is Steve rusty crawdads got in the lakes and destroyed the weed beds. Water became clearer and the fish are gone. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Sad 2

stevasaurus

I would be throwing a black Jitterbug, reeling in just fast enough to get that intensive bloop, bloop, bloop sound.  Watching for the "V" in the water, heading for the bait, and then watching that bass take it 3 feet into the air...shaking its head.  :banana-dance:

• Excellent 1