Sign in to follow this  
S416-8

My 520-H

S416-8

So joined when I picked up the 416 so figured it’s time to start a new chat for the 520. 

done so far:

new fluids and filters

added a plow 

cleaned all connections

new Set of rear Carlisle Ag sneakers with tubes, not loaded yet but will be.

picked up a full used dash with working gauges so time to figure out how to change the two that are in the tractor and the creeping throttle controls ..  

looking for

snowblower - may have it found

my replace front tires with Ag sneakers as well

fab work

picked up an old plow and frame at an auction for $5 and just may try to create a rear grader blade 

will add pics later 

• Like 2

peter lena

@S416-8https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51004-Synthetic-Viscosity/dp/B000UKUHXK/ref=sr_1_3? . use this on all my cables , insures smooth movement , your creeping throttle controls , had a similar issue , detail lubricate , using super lube , all related lever ends and linkage points , drive out the rust, also added 2 small light extension springs , on my choke/ throttle close down points , that assists the closing of the cable, stopped creeping , and made response / reaction to cable control very smooth / easy . small light , EXTENSION  springs for just a light cable assist  , get some perforated steel to add a pull point , this works , pete 

lynnmor

You need to add some drag at the throttle lever pivot point, you can do that on some by putting a tiny bolt thru it and adding a locknut to squeeze the pivot.  Pete's idea of adding a spring to counter the governor spring has merit, I have never tried that on an Onan.

S416-8

I just read that as well. 
cool thing is for 100 I got everything for a dash. Gauges, controls, ignition switch and chock and throttle cables. So have parts to get it all going 

peter lena

@lynnmor , you know never thought about the different set up on an onan , but i'm sure its a related , cable to linkage , drag /  response.when I  started to look at my constant issue , just went after every movement detail , did not even think about it , but I WAS PULLING THE CABE BACK FOR A RESET , thats what made me think of a small spring doing the pull back , nothing heavy , but it totally smoothed out its function. regularly look an improvement to an issue , as with anything I  suggest , its been in regular use for years , many hours , so I know it works . staying on the run from the w/h police with many different improvements , dick tracy, pete  

S416-8

more updates are that the gauges are in, throttle cable done and not I don't like the bushing at the base of the of the 2 hydraulic levers so putting it back together is on hold.... can't move ahead with those like that..

S416-8

Hyped for Friday making a long round trip to be getting my tractor a early x-mas gift. A  awesome condition 2-stage snowblower, wheel weights and chains !!!! Got the new Wheel horse parts and more receiver hitch on the way and all will be here for the weekend.. Happy tractor time !

S416-8

Long 11 hr trip but came home with a amazing slightly used 2 stage snow blower, chains, wheel weights and a plow all for 350 and about 150 in gas. Drove into a storm so take it out of the trailer tomorrow and get some pics of everything ... 

S416-8

New additions.  
Worked it today. Pulled a 20’ ash log down a slop, pulled the end through the dirt on the ditch and several hundred yard down the road and up my drive. Not even a slight complaint but the tractor. Wow 

9CF58BF2-3B37-4476-B60E-50399A766525.jpeg

1F955D2E-E0F4-456D-8C2A-E17191E4F874.jpeg

B4169845-31DE-4140-9DD5-1EA896002791.jpeg

E09CBADC-CAFD-401A-A6B7-12E388280AA3.jpeg

28DFCEA4-4C1C-4BD0-B355-CC1E576FDCDA.jpeg

• Like 1