pacer

Mahindra FEL on Mitsubishi problem/question

pacer

Well, to start off ... as some of you remember I recently made a post about installing an EPAS (electric power assist system) on a Mitsubishi. So, I had hardly finished that ... lengthy? project when I ran across another Mitsu that I just couldnt pass up (lost my power steer with the deal:ranting:)

OK, the 'new' Mitsu (MTE2000) has a brand new Mahindra FEL installed and it is a thing of wonder ... FAST!! --- but, for some reason when moving ANY cylinder - raise/lower/dump/curl/etc to its limit the motor DIES! Will start right back up and function normally unless I again run the cyl back to its limit. Now, the only way it can kill the engine is to cut off fuel - right? No lectrics involved with a diesel once running.... So.... what is/can be doing this? When the guy installed the new lift did he leave something off/on? maybe? Its a rather minor problem, but can be irritating like when I'm getting a bucket of dirt and go to curl the bucket to settle the load in --- the motor dies!

I'm pretty lacking in having any Hyd skills:scratchead:

This is the Mitsubishi with loader as it sat in the lot I got it from.

mitsubishi.jpg.0896297078dd51c9ee09eb69684c14dd.jpg

• Like 1

Kenneth R Cluley

Possibly relief valve setting on hydraulic not installed or set too high and bottoming cylinder stalls engine. Sort of like hydro-locking. May have safety circuit on hydro to shut down due to high pressure in hydraulic circuit, which may need some adjustment as is being tripped when cylinder bottoms.

• Like 3

pacer
52 minutes ago, Kenneth R Cluley said:

stalls engine. Sort of like hydro-locking.

Now, that sounds like what may be happening, cause when it happens its a  .... heavy/hard?? shutdown, now all I have to do is locate the proper valve ........

• Like 1

peter lena

@pacer as you know the repetition of a problem , is your greatest opportunity to make that problem go away , know you will find it , pete

Digger 66

Are those aftermarket cylinders or Genuine Mahindra built specifically for that FEL ?

I am by no means an expert but it is my understanding that when rams reach the end of their stroke they hit a by-pass point where fluid is automatically returned to the pump .

It would seem to make sense in that if these ports weren't there , they'd just blow the seals or a pressure line .

Very cool tractor BTW ! 

Edited by Digger 66

pacer

@Digger 66 Yes, the entire FEL is genuine Mahindra and what you describe fits what (very little!) I understand the way a cyl works. I'm used to getting a 'squeal' at the end of stroke telling the operator that limit is reached and to stop.

The story the PO gave on the FEL's was that he ran up on a deal to purchase 10 of these at a VERY reasonable price and the one I got was the last one and he wanted it gone - hence the 'unable to pass up' deal.