Kevin Bowley

Looky wha followed me home, blowing blue flames out the red hot nelson muffler as I tried to escape the beast!

wh500special

Nice.  You should go back and see if the owner has the baggin' wagon that used to follow that tractor around a previous owner's yard.

Steve

• Like 3

Pullstart

Nice survivor!  I bet a nice wet sand and buff would make that old paint POP!

• Like 2

kpinnc
2 hours ago, kbowley said:

I entered into evidence.

Lucky rascal... :thumbs:

• Like 2

c-series don

Beautiful! Those are my favorite models 78-79 C-Series that one looks perfect! Even has the belt guard to run a vacuum. Are the pulleys under the fender pan? I might have a vacuum for sale! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Like 2

peter lena

@kbowley typically lubrication spray down dull neglected horse paint , totally spray down every area , let it sit a day , rub , it  down till dry , do it again . that stage will retain patina and hold that paint till you want to use a 6" palm buffer with cleaner wax , done a couple like that , paint depth recovery was amazing , just an idea, pete 

• Like 2

Blasterdad

We must go to the same Doc, he told me the same thing... She needs a bath & new set of BAD BOY motor mounts, ( and a new pair of front shoes ). Lol

IMG_0151.JPG.53ba45790e3482fbdcb3b03ef573ba4f.JPGIMG_0152.JPG.de05e11167b6030fdd2284de47b47f1c.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Blasterdad

Great story by the way, you'll Love her !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, kbowley said:

I jumped onto east 101, a 4-lane limited access highway in Manchester NH and quickly accelerated to 75+ to keep from getting mowed over by traffic and I noticed these strange lights gaining on me fast in the rear view (My other half doesn't believe me). When I looked again this little yard tractor was about 5 feet from my rear bumper with a bright blue flame shooting out of the red-hot muffler glowing in the front grill, I sped up to 85+ and it hung with me for the entire one-hour drive home.

Reminds me of this song.             :ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JCM

Intro and outro reminds me of Nokie Edwards and the Ventures. One of my favorite bands.   @953 nut

• Like 1

peter lena

@kbowley would take advantage of the simplicity and practical build sense of that unit / era , its simple set up only needs refreshing of every operational function. personally I  would refresh wiring / electrical set up , fresh wires wire cable wrap , wire hangers , connection connections , switches . eliminate corrosive linkage / lever areas , lubrication brought my units up to a very easy running stare . firmed linkage ends , added washers and grease , worked with ease . trans oil change /  related linkage lubrication . new fuel tank valve , drop carb bowl ,fuel filters . my 40 year old C-85  , magnum swap is still my favorite , runs and functions with a total easy response to anything , has all my changes to chronic issues , was a great test bed , for ideas . hope you have many improvements planned , do not worry about the w/h police . keep it greasy , questions , ?  just ask , pete  

• Excellent 1

kpinnc

For a decent C-161, I would have endured such a dangerous and frightful day just like you did. I for one, appreciate your humanitarian sacrifice. So many people (idiots) would have just shooed that poor creature away and not provided a loving home.... :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

Kevin Bowley
On 6/17/2022 at 5:31 PM, c-series don said:

Beautiful! Those are my favorite models 78-79 C-Series that one looks perfect! Even has the belt guard to run a vacuum. Are the pulleys under the fender pan? I might have a vacuum for sale! 

Mine as well, I have three of them, a 78 C-121-H, 79 C-101-8 and a C-161-H with lift. I do have a warm spot in my heart for my '95 520-H that I restored, that is a real Cadillac. And I would be amiss if I didn't give honorable mention to my 2001 522XI with power steering, nice warm cab etc.

• Excellent 1

S416-8

What did you use for bait cause I want one of them trophy tractor fish but still learning how to catch them. Great looking machine

Edited by S416-8
Added

Wheelhorse#1

Looks to have been well take care of .Great find.