Blasterdad

Another Rescue

roadapples

Very lucky dear family friend...

• Like 3

Blasterdad
18 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Very lucky dear family friend...

We should have a new member soon, I brought her with me to go get it, her first :wh: russlin' trip. Pretty sure she's been bitten...:rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

What an excellent find. 

A nice assortment of attachments.  

Please do keep us posted and add more pics.  

• Like 4

OutdoorEnvy

Nice tractor and package find for sure!  She'll be pretty spoiled right of the gate with that setup!  Good grab

• Like 2

953 nut

Always glad to hear that another person has been bitten by the incurable Wheel Horse bug!     :text-coolphotos:   Is there a foot-rest with the reclining seat?              :ychain:

• Haha 3

Blasterdad
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

Always glad to hear that another person has been bitten by the incurable Wheel Horse bug!     :text-coolphotos:   Is there a foot-rest with the reclining seat?              :ychain:

Yeah that is interesting, the original bracket is bolted on upsidedown & backwards, & the seat has a bracket bolted on top of that, Lol. Don't know what it come off originally...:dunno::rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Do you need a belt guard?  I believe I have one…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blasterdad
16 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Do you need a belt guard?  I believe I have one…

No, the belt guard & all the little pieces like the idler shafts & what-not  were under the toolbox in the in the back of the truck, the tractor is complete, the only thing missing on it was the plow mount, but I have like 5 of those laying around... About the only thing I could find missing was the plow angle rod & wouldn't you know it I just got rid of 3 whole pows doing some Horse trading,Lol. Oh well, easy enough to find or make one... Thank you very much for the offer though, good looking out!!! :) 

• Like 3

Blasterdad

Another "interesting" item on this tractor, not sure if it's true or not but sure would be cool if it was...

IMG_0140.JPG.98ebc10511fd64567341d770c0f58aea.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@Blasterdad terrific pick up on that !  a thorough baseline service ,  will verify and enhance  its life , both that tiller and front end mower set up  already has me crawling all over that , even that lower blade wear edge , looks like its still in the safe wear zone.  an aerosol spray down , would lubricate and retain patina on all metal surfaces . save another one , oily pete 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Man… if that ticker was accurate and working the whole time, that was a rough 42 hours!  :ROTF:

Edited by Pullstart
  • Haha 3

wallfish
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Man… if that ticker was accurate and working the whole time, that was a rough 42 hours!  :ROTF:

Like the new cars we used to bring from the dealer to our shop for detail, undercoating and rust proofing. It was only about 3-4 miles away but we were young and dumb and put a good hard 6 miles on many of those brand new cars. Those little 4 cyl turbo Mitsubishi engines in a small light car had some balls to them for a 4 cyl. They could pin you back into the seat. Think the cars were called Lazers

Maybe the guy was a used car dealer and just couldn't help himself to roll it back? LoL

• Haha 3

edgro

Nice one. I seen his ad, not too far from me. Looks like a sweet deal. I think I need a bigger trailer. 

• Like 2

Blasterdad
6 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I seriously doubt it's hooked up, it was taken care of though, oil in engine & tranny are both clean but will change them anyway. I got it running in about 10 minutes when I got there, put a new owner supplied starter on it, new battery, cleaned up the points & got spark, & with a little assistance from my portable instant carburetor filled with Klots & Rec gas she fired right up & sounded great. I love the smell of Benol in the afternoon, smells like victory! Lol.

IMG_0141.JPG.ef5b1588ad0dbc6afa22f24158eb41ca.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Blasterdad

And another....

IMG_0145.JPG.94a951afb2dafbf8366a910989377a03.JPGIMG_0147.JPG.ebcc99d66e808576d11fc71933dce00e.JPGIMG_0148.JPG.aa2f9e905547c3b9a776feaf6355c4e3.JPGIMG_0149.JPG.9dc8fb1dd09a69f2a2fba6e1aa8754f5.JPGIMG_0150.JPG.5917d4a85789fd0ac5707b0b44a6e3c5.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

another

VERY nice. What's the story here?

• Like 2

Blasterdad
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

VERY nice. What's the story here?

The C-81 is the first Wheel Horse I grew up on, my grandfather bought it new in '79, (78 model) I still have it & all the original paperwork. This one makes #4 in the stable.:banana-dance: The gentleman I bought it from said he restored it about 10 years ago & shortly after it quit running so he parked it & hadn't touched it since. His son took some parts off it but I just happen to have what he took in my "tack room". My friends C-160 comes first, then I'll get to her...:thumbs:

Edited by Blasterdad
Forgot Banana!
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Blasterdad said:

The C-81 is the first Wheel Horse I grew up on, my grandfather bought it new in '79, (78 model) I still have it & all the original paperwork. This one makes #4 in the stable. The gentleman I bought it from said he restored it about 10 years ago & shortly after it quit running so he parked it & hadn't touched it since. His son took some parts off it but I just happen to have what he took in my "tack room". My friends C-160 comes first, then I'll get to her...:thumbs:

Keep us posted on what sort of "incredible complicated" things are repaired.  

• Haha 2

Blasterdad
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Keep us posted on what sort of "incredible complicated" things are repaired.  

Will do! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Good job on the find and helping out a good friend. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Blasterdad

Started on ol' 160 today, This is ALWAYS the first thing I do outside before I bring them into my shop. This was a BIG one. :scared-eek:

The inside of the tins will get sandblasted & painted, (they stink to High Heaven) & the block got sprayed down with bleach for an overnight soak.

I'm thinking I might try a mod I've been wanting to do on this one, going to epoxy razor blades on each of the flywheel cooling fins & wire the debris screen to a bug zapper !!! :laughing-rofl:

I HATE VERMIN !!! :angry-teeth:

IMG_0155.JPG.3afbce1e762df6a915e868309268ffbb.JPG

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

VERMIN

Yepp. 

Constant vigil is required around these parts. 

We keep bucket traps up when it's above freezing. Always have multiple traps set around sheds and yard. 

Small metal pieces fly around the yard at high speeds quite often. 

For the most part we do ok but occasionally find a nest where it can't be.  

• Like 2

Blasterdad

In the shop after de-mousing, sandblasted tins & painted, front bearing on original wheel & axle was rusted on, it met Mr. Fire Wrench. :tools-hammerdrill:

IMG_0161.JPG.a4d7256bb6aa7ad2a3378e015d755efc.JPGIMG_0160.JPG.f2c427ca0fabb5fdcf659f9f5327b3cf.JPGIMG_0162.JPG.33d7cff6ccadb8462156428e3b3427af.JPG 

• Like 3

Blasterdad

Finally got most of my horse fixing done on my tractors so now I can focus on my friends C-160.

Got the original wheel back on, axle fixed & aligned.

The bearing had failed & chewed up the old axle which wallowed out the hub a little.

I had to pean the back of the hub back into shape for the new bearing hence the chipped paint, but will touch it up later. (should have done it before painting it, :roll:).Lol

Tins are ready to go back on after I go through the fuel system.

IMG_0229.JPG.cd205886eb687edf9394e064f4960baf.JPGIMG_0230.JPG.20c374b331389b120cc6eab7e075fcfe.JPGIMG_0231.JPG.52acc5427063a5d49b107a9567329482.JPGIMG_0228.JPG.60c63d7efddb4bbdf83d1e8f1609a669.JPG

• Like 4