Sign in to follow this  
Wilsonrl48747

Riding the clutch

Wilsonrl48747

Had a quick question about riding the clutch. Sometimes when I am turning or need to slow down, I ride the clutch, feathering it out a little to slow it down a bit. My question is, will this hurt my trans or cause the clutch to burn out? Should I come to a stop and put it into 1st instead of feathering the clutch?

Thanks for your input

zieg72

If it is anything like the C-165-8 all your doing is slipping the belt when you push in the clutch. All you have is a little belt wear.

grimmnar

Unless I want to pop wheelies and snap my head back in High/Third on my 310-8, I pretty much have to ride the clutch lol ! :thumbs2:

DrabHorse

Yes, I don't think it will hurt anything other than the belt wearing, or pulley wear if someone was doing it all the time. I try to not do it, but there are sometimes like backing a trailer in a really close place or something where you have to.

Don1977

You would get as much wear on the belt and pulley stopping and starting as riding the clutch in a turn. It's just something that's we do with an eight speed. I think that belts and pulleys take it a lot better than clutches.

lawnguy345

Won't hurt anything. Like the other guys said.