c-series don

Donated my antique road grader

8ntruck

Looks like you found a good home for it.  As a bonus, you still get to play, rather, work with it from time to time.

• Like 6

Pullstart

Wow Don, great work!  Is there a dual on the left side too, just no room on the trailer?  

• Like 2

wallfish

Win Win

It's great that people will get to see that beautiful machine in action.

• Like 7

c-series don

@Pullstart, yes dual wheels both sides. It’s an Oliver 2-44 with a McCormick-Dering grader unit. I’ve seen similar ones, but not the same one. I do know that it was sold by the same dealer that was the local Wheel Horse dealer, Rolle Bros. Even with the wheel lean in the front, you still need a football field to turn around!! It’s really more of a maintainer than a grader, but it does work well! 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Jeff-C175
3 hours ago, c-series don said:

donated

And, you should get a nice tax deduction for that too!  Hope they are a 501c !  So, it's a win, win, win !

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

For my donation I will receive a lifetime membership and I’ll go run the grader to grade the track when they do the pulling

Excellent!!!

• Like 2

Daddy Don

You will always be the man of the hour. Great deal you did

• Like 3

oliver2-44
10 hours ago, c-series don said:

B699716A-9F36-4DBA-A66B-F2790805840F.jpeg

8 hours ago, c-series don said:

@Pullstart It’s an Oliver 2-44 with a McCormick-Dering grader unit. I’ve seen similar ones, but not the same one. I do know that it was sold by the same dealer that was the local Wheel Horse dealer, Rolle Bros. Even with the wheel lean in the front, you still need a football field to turn around!! It’s really more of a maintainer than a grader, but it does work well! 

Don that is so cool. I have a White 2-44 loader/backhoe tractor. That I suspect is the same chassis as your grader. Mine is a Oliver -turned White Super 550 with an industrial front end and it originally had a forward/reverse shuttle transmission. The shuttle transmission was shot so I swapped in a farm tractor 6 speed transmission. Does your grader have the shuttle transmission?

• Like 2

c-series don

@oliver2-44 It does not have the shuttle shift transmission, it has a transmission with a high and low range, and all the gears on one shifter. I guess you could call it a six speed? 

• Like 1