8ntruck

Again, Don't be Shy

Darb1964

I can't agree with you more, my Bride has to get checked once a year. She has been cancer free for fourteen years. Never get over or forget the feeling when you hear the C. Word as a diagnosis.  

Good advice, glad you had a good outcome.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Kenneth R Cluley

Just had a basal cell removed today, good advice! Keep an eye on things that you can. Feels like i got stabbed in the back but glad it's gone.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

JPWH

I agree with getting regular check ups. I had 2 removed from my arm last year. 1 on my elbow and 1 on my forearm. About a month ago they froze about 10 on my arms and one on my face and one on my head. Biopsied another one on my head. I go next week to have it removed. Now I am on the 6 month plan.

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

roadapples

And a blood test every year doesn't  hurt either...saved my life :pray:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

Achto

Cancer SUCKS!!! The treatment can seem even worse.. Get regular check ups & try to stay healthy.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

peter lena

@8ntruck good for you , glad you had it done , worked in a very macho shop , guys were always blowing off and neglecting any health issue or problem , basically , screw those doctors and all their crap. saw a number of them die young  48- 53  , with existing cancer related and neglected issues . made me go the other way , regular check ups and related health service upgrades . stay smart , stay alive , pete 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Glad to hear all is well Bill!

• Like 2

ACman

Also don’t be shy of that prostate exam either :teasing-poke: !

• Like 7

8ntruck
2 hours ago, ACman said:

Yup.  My dad had prostate cancer.  Ive been on a 6 month cycle of blood tests - one of them PSA for a long time.  So far, so good.

• Like 7

midpack
12 hours ago, ACman said:

Agree. Survivor going on 4 years here.

Cancer sucks

• Like 4

JPWH

I'm type ll diabetic so I get regular blood work done. A couple years ago the labs started showing an iron deficiency. After a couple more drops in iron showed up in the lab work I had to get scoped from both ends to check for internal bleeding. Turns out no internal bleeding, an iron supplement was needed.

• Like 2

rjg854

So happy to hear it was easy as that Jay :thumbs:

• Like 1

squonk
15 hours ago, JPWH said:

I'm type ll diabetic so I get regular blood work done. A couple years ago the labs started showing an iron deficiency. After a couple more drops in iron showed up in the lab work I had to get scoped from both ends to check for internal bleeding. Turns out no internal bleeding, an iron supplement was needed.

I'm not diabetic but between Regular doc, Cardio doc. gastro doc and endocrine doc I'm like a pin cushion. Low Iron. Take a supplement. wife also forces me to eat Spinach. Haven't punched any Navy guys named Bluto yet! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

D_Mac

I say it all the time. Never take your health for granted. It all can change so fast. 3 times I was told it's cancer. Throat and pancreas in 2019, kidney 2021. Trust me when I tell you, any test they want to do to you is a nothing compared to what you could be up against. Finding it early is so important. Get your check up and tests done and tell your doctors everything. Hope no one goes through what I've been through.  Having cancer not only affects you physically,  but it affects you mentally and financially.  The mental part of it is the hardest. Don't be afraid to ask for help in that department as well. Physical and mental health, work at them both. I am blessed to still be here. I am way past feeling inconvenienced or scared of having blood drawn, mri, CT scan, ultrasound, biopsy...any of it because I know early detection is so important and those tests are like tickling you with a feather as compared to having surgery to remove organs and sections of your bowels,  chemo, 33 rounds of radiation to your face. Months in a hospital bed, feeding tube, drain tubes, IVs sewn in your neck, pic lines you name it. While all that is being done your wondering how much more you can take. So I will say it again... get your exams and test done regularly.  Finding things early makes a world of difference. A little prick or poke now can save you much worse later on. Good health to you all.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1