JoeM

Big Show 2022 80 days out

JoeM

With the 2022 show at 80 days and counting, (give or take), doesn't seem to be to much chatter?

What are you thinking  about?

Cost of travel?

Getting ready?

Just generally unsure?

I am looking at a couple machines i want to bring needing a little work, might throw a few parts on the trailer for sale. I haven't got a room yet, I'll work on that next week. Got to check the Orioles schedule, grandson wants to cruise down to Camden Yards if there is a game on tap.

• Thanks 2

JoeM

Scary silence 

Crickets :unsure:

• Sad 1

Handy Don

Hoping I'll have a tractor ready to bring, along with my shopping list.

• Like 1

stevebo

Joe-

i am looking forward to the big show as usual. My issue is I am taking toy hauler camper that has less tractor space/capacity and this year is seniors as featured tractors. I think I can only bring one and the boy will have one of his tractors. That is about it for space. But will need to test fit once we get closer. I might just want to add another😜

• Like 1

oliver2-44
12 hours ago, stevebo said:

Joe-

i am looking forward to the big show as usual. My issue is I am taking toy hauler camper that has less tractor space/capacity and this year   

. I might just want to add another😜

Add another trailer behind the Toy Hauler

• Like 1

JoeM

@Handy Don@stevebo@oliver2-44

We can have all those juicy deals to ourselves! Lol

It is going to be tough to outdo last year. That place was rocking. 

theme of 2022 show.......Inflation pandemic

oliver2-44
25 minutes ago, JoeM said:

@Handy Don@stevebo@oliver2-44

We can have all those juicy deals to ourselves! Lol

It is going to be tough to outdo last year. That place was rocking. 

theme of 2022 show.......Inflation pandemic

Now @JoeM that almost like rubbing salt in an old coonhounds wounds and kicking him to boot.

O wait, where's my manners, did I just hear you were taking orders and shipping to us poor soles that have to stay home!

On 4/2/2022 at 8:46 AM, JoeM said:

With the 2022 show at 80 days and counting, (give or take), doesn't seem to be to much chatter?

What are you thinking  about?

Cost of travel?

Getting ready?

Just generally unsure?

Going AWOL and asking the Misses for forgiveness upon return.

I don't suspect my Misses would cater much to that.  She's really amazingly understanding about a lot of things......, but can get narrow minded about a few things 

Texas is a long drive back to find out I don't have a bed to come back to.  

Besides, I've already pushing my luck and talked her into taking a road trip to an Oklahoma Steam Tractor Show.  Amazingly, I've never seen any Steam Tractors at our surrounding shows, and luckily, that show just happened to fall between her teaching semesters.  

• Haha 1

JoeM
5 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

taking orders and shipping to us poor soles that have to stay home!

Absolutely for you!

Kid I thought you were rolling up here?

8 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Steam Tractors at our surrounding shows

We got a dandy about 10 miles from here, interesting how it will do this year. Those are big boy toys and they got some major coin in setting up for the show. 

The show is on a 100 acre place and they move dirt plow the whole nine yards. They even had a working mining display. 

IMG_1463.JPG.06b648adac4ba60917da7262efda8d73.JPGIMG_1451.JPG.4f957390886b6a4f613b08c4e9d9143b.JPGIMG_1464.JPG.e0bc63206fcd0f376cdef5edb0921103.JPGIMG_1458.JPG.c4a10e2a658483dad65ff907511d8439.JPG

• Like 4

oliver2-44
7 hours ago, JoeM said:

Kid I thought you were rolling up here?

My wife wasn’t planning to teach this summer, but due to some retirements she inherited back a course she previously gave away. She says she’s going to work a couple more years but I’m sensing that attitude shift that happens before you retire.  She teaches at the Masters/Doctorate level and these 20/30 something students think they deserve an A just like they all got a trophy back in grade school. Today you have students that sue the Professor and school if they fail a class.  
So I suspect I’m not driving the RV across the country until she can join me for an extended road trip. 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
11 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Today you have students that sue the Professor and school if they fail a class.

We'll hope we get to see you at a future show!

My son also teaches grad students and after, pursuant to the published school rules, he lowered a student's grade on a late-submitted paper was called to the dean's office. The student and his parents were irate! The student's argument? "None of my other professors dock me for late papers!" Trophy's indeed.

If my son hadn't already been there for a few years and earned excellent rankings from both students and peers, it might've gotten ugly.

JoeM
15 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

So I suspect I’m not driving the RV across the country until she can join me for an extended road trip.

Come on Jim, got to get creative. Living in Marble Falls.....honey I swear a funny looking spaceship came down, hovered above while working on the WH's.

Next thing I know, woke up in PA just outside of Chambersburg. After a couple days I scratched and clawed my home. All is safe now! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by JoeM
  • Haha 1

WHX??
On 4/2/2022 at 8:46 AM, JoeM said:

Cost of travel?

Getting ready?

Just generally unsure?

All of the above except for getting ready. 15 minutes and I would be locked cocked and ready to roll. 1200+ clams in travel costs is gonna be hard pill to swallow and worse when it comes out the other end.  It's Squonky's fault ... he coined "I'm on a fixed income" :(

Jennifer

We will not be making the trip this year!  😢. The cost for the distance makes it not possible this year for sure!  We have had a great time the years we did go.  Will miss see friends we made!  We wish everyone a great time!

oliver2-44
4 hours ago, JoeM said:

Come on Jim, got to get creative. Living in Marble Falls.....honey I swear a funny looking spaceship came down, hovered above while working on the WH's.

Next thing I know, woke up in PA just outside of Chambersburg. After a couple days I scratched and clawed my home. All is safe now! :happy-jumpeveryone:

I love it Joe, living in Marble Falls is the life! 

With Tesla's new car factory up and running in nearby Austin, I'll be looking for an electric space ship. 

Just hope there's some charging outlet on my way around the moon to get to Pa. 

rmaynard

I actually feel bad that it's only a 50 minute drive for me, and gas won't be an issue, while others may have to put out near $1200 in travel expenses. It is just plain unlucky. What a difference from last year to this. I just completed a trip to Williamsburg, VA this past weekend. Driving my wife's Subaru, we got 27 mpg. Gas in Maryland was $3.47. As soon as we crossed the VA line, it went up to $4.09. When we got to our destination it was $4.29. Fortunately, we didn't have to fill up again until we got back into MD. At the end of the month, our gas tax holiday will be over and prices will go up 36 cents. So let's hope that someone comes to their senses and does the right thing to fix the gas prices.

Edited by rmaynard

Sparky

Just today I was able to confirm that I will be going… booked my room tonight as well!

See ya’ll there!! 
:wh:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1