70.5TransAmDan

Making New, Out of Old

70.5TransAmDan

Hello Everyone, my name's Dan and I'm a wrenchaholic.

Um, sorry. 

That's Thursday nights meeting.

First, thank you to all you old farts out there like myself and don't get me wrong. There are many young, Old Farts in this world also.

I think of anyone that sees beauty deep inside an old tractor, samurai sword, and yes, even a lovely lady could qualify also.

If you're the type of person that has the patients and other qualities that's needed to bring beauty and life back to something others see as old junk, or past it's prime, you're my kind of person. 

To the point now.

I ran across a 1980ish Argo 8x8 Amphibious vehical for the right price the other day, FREE, and of course it has the infamous Starter/Generator system. Also, it's had many unqualified druggies, and electrical experts, work on it before me.  I'm retired union electrician and fiber optic engineer so I was once qualified but,. But,. But, what was I talking bout?

You get my point. 

So, I was wondering if anyone could possibly point me in the direction of a midg,,,,,,. Wait,. Little Person, preferably a female and  blonde, so I won't have to do so much bending over working on this darn thing and while you're at it, maybe a wiring diagram for a complete starter/generator including a three wire voltage regulator? 

If you have information on either of these, the help would be most appreciated. 

Really, she doesn't even have to be blonde or little.

That ought to show you just how willing I am to work with others.

;)

Thank all of you here for sharing your wisdom so it can be handed down for others to learn. 

70.5TransAmDan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

JPWH

See if this will help you.

Jay

Maxwell-8

welcome, You got any Wheel Horses?

rjg854

:WRS:  did you get what you were looking for, in post #2?

953 nut

:WRS:

From one old fart and retired electrician (IBEW 43) please accept my appreciation for anyone who would rather invest their money in rusted old stuff than waste it mon greens fees at the local golf course. The manual below should get you on your way to happy amphibious motoring.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  Dan.      Looks like Jay and Richard have your answers.

• Like 1

JoeM

Not to much on the Welcome Wagon but Welcome to RS anyway.

Something from nothing? Bush mechanic where I come from. Most valuable person!

• Like 1

EB-80/8inPA

Nice fish!

Edited by EB-80/8inPA

oldlineman

From another old retired IBEW LU # 126 Journeyman Lineman fart. Welcome to the greatest source of knowledge of all things Wheelhorse and many other old fart things. Bob   

WHX??

:WRS: Dan

1980 is a little new for a SG motor ain't it fellas? Repo? Most Argos had a Briggs in it. 

Not :text-imsorry: we is gonna need some :text-coolphotos: of that rig! I would love to have an Argo.

See if you get one of the motor plate.

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  from a not so old not so retired not so qualified Old Fart :handgestures-thumbupright:  

Sounds like we need some proof of said Argo!  :banana-gotpics:

• Like 1

roadapples

:text-yeahthat::WRS:

• Like 1