Cee245

What should I expect at 2022 Big Show??

wallfish
12 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Don't know about sleeping in a truck bed. Anyone else?

15 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

If I sleep in the truck bed, can I drive the truck out to a store ?

Sleep anywhere you want. I remember Paul (Clinton Nut's father) sleeping "dead man" on a flat bed trailer one year and he wasn't even drunk! LoL.

Pay for camping but you can park in the field to the left as you enter

544986594_5aa11f5a032f8_Mike.scorner.jpg.b73fa7a43f7746de93e349ed1f7cfd99(1).jpg.b4ef59ab305186a847496b3ba97d4e3f.jpg.e2237db2e79127433458a9567c270b91.jpg

47 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I just changed my plans… Will now be arriving on Friday…

Get there early as there never seems to be enough time and especially so for a first timer. It's a lot to take in

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

I'd especially remember to think in advance of parts etc. you are are looking to buy and make notes of sizes, model numbers, etc. for compatibility to bring with you. Seeing so many WHs and so many parts can be bewildering, tempting, and overpowering.

• Like 6

wallfish
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I'd especially remember to think in advance of parts etc. you are are looking to buy and make notes of sizes, model numbers, etc. for compatibility to bring with you. Seeing so many WHs and so many parts can be bewildering, tempting, and overpowering.

I'm an impulse buyer! LoL

Bought an engine one year just for the cardboard sign the guy had tagged on it, because it was funny

"Ran at one time" --- A new take on the- Ran when parked

Took it out of the hidden spot way back in the vendor barns and put it out on the road in front of our spot. Quite the conversation piece as most people were laughing to. It sold for the same thing I paid for it. It was an old 7hp Kohler but it still had plenty of useful parts on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

roadapples

You can sleep in a tent, don't know why you couldn't sleep in the truck...

• Like 2

c-series don

How is Howard, anyone know? 

• Like 1

Cee245

This MAY be important for me...😆

The Big Show starts Thursday June 23rd- Saturday 25th right?!

Edited by Cee245
  • Like 1

wallfish
1 hour ago, Cee245 said:

This MAY be important for me...😆

The Big Show starts Thursday June 23rd- Saturday 25th right?!

Thursday is technically the set up day. Officially, the show is Friday and Saturday.

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Thursday is technically the set up day

Will they let you enter the fairgrounds and set up your camp on Thursday if you are not a vendor, just an attendee ?

And also, can you enter on Thursday if you are staying off-site ?

• Like 1

Handy Don
2 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Will they let you enter the fairgrounds and set up your camp on Thursday if you are not a vendor, just an attendee ?

Pretty sure the camping opens early on Thursday morning and you don't have to be a vendor.

Last year I arrived Thursday afternoon and was able to go in. I stayed in a hotel in Gettysburg Thurs-Sat.

I gladly paid for WHCC dues and bought some raffle tickets (which I gave away since I had to be on the road home Saturday morning) and patronized the food stand to be sure I was supporting the show.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish
28 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Yes

Yes

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

They have a VERY strict entry plan for Thursday setup time.  I believe it’s 9am.  Nobody is allowed past the staging area until they check in.  It seems like a goat screw for about 3 minutes, then you can turn around and look and wonder what all the fiasco was about because it is all good.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Horse Newbie
7 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

They have a VERY strict entry plan for Thursday setup time

I’ll just drop in behind you or @Pullstart and they will wave me right on through…

:lol:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I’ll just drop in behind you or @Pullstart and they will wave me right on through…

On a serious note… we as in RedSquare members aren’t the governing body… we are guests to the WHCC’s show and I’d like to respect the fact that they allow our “presence” as a club.  This isn’t an us vs. them post… just a respectful reminder that I’m glad to attend their show :clap:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Cee245

Good point @Pullstart  I used to think the big show was put on by red square etc, when in fact it's the whcc's show.

I figure it's me vs me there, not us vs them. I'd be happy to be in both. 🙂

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

On a serious note… we as in RedSquare members aren’t the governing body… we are guests to the WHCC’s show and I’d like to respect the fact that they allow our “presence” as a club.  This isn’t an us vs. them post… just a respectful reminder that I’m glad to attend their show :clap:

Thank you @Pullstart for stating that … I was aware that the WHCC sponsored the show, and I agree that we are guests of the show.

I have the same sentiment that the organizers are being very hospitable in their view of Redsquare members attendance.

I was not aware that they look at Redsquare members as attending as a group (if they look at it that way).

Anyways, I really hope that I can attend this year, and am looking forward to meeting some of you guys and ladies.

• Like 1

Pullstart

As a supporting WHCC club member, I am part of both groups… but I just wanted to clarify it is the club’s show and many active WHCC leaders are not on RedSquare.  

• Like 2

WHX??

Thursday set up is by far the best day to be there. @stevasaurus told me that my rookie year and he is right. Don't know if I'll make it yet due to diesel prices but I told @Achto to get some vacation and if we don't go we'll do some fishing. 

Am I right about needing to be a WHCC member to sell parts or does that just apply to the horse trading area? 

Big Show Labeled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
13 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Lol ... didn't that happen last year Kev? We got there early and started cracking beers while waiting??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

tunahead72

Just as some background on the relationship between RedSquare and WHCC, here's a thread pinned at the top of this section of the forum.  Read the WHOLE thing to get a clear picture of how things work at the show, and please make sure to sign up and/or pay your WHCC dues at the show:

Updated! WHCC and RedSquare - Wheel Horse Collectors Club Show - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Don't know if I'll make it yet due to diesel prices but I told @Achto to get some vacation and if we don't go we'll do some fishing. 

You just get ready to sell me that Senior on big show Saturday and you’ll have enough diesel money to get home :greetings-waveyellow:

• Haha 3

WHX??
28 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

You just get ready to sell me that Senior on big show Saturday and you’ll have enough diesel money to get home :greetings-waveyellow:

May have to sell it before just to have money to get out there. :ychain:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, WHX?? said:

May have to sell it before just to have money to get out there. :ychain:

I’ll buy it before, and rent it out to ya for the parade.  Deal.  :USA:

• Haha 2

WHX??

:laughing-rolling: Oh yer a sly one and always thinkin! Like to keep it fer at least a year or two! Can I at least fix the shifter for ya? :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Can I at least fix the shifter for ya?

What happened?  Jamming gears without stopping first?

that brings a question to mind.  Was a Model A or Ford V8 transmission synchronized?  Could you shift “on the fly”?

• Like 1