Sign in to follow this  
Suburban 550

2009 Show Pics

Suburban 550

Just got home a few hours ago and had a great time. Met alot of great people from this forum for the first time and thought I share a few pics. Hope to see you all next year.

Duke on his RJ-35. Always smiling.

IMG_0137.jpg

Mark and his collection of horses with Mark workin' on the Suburban.

IMG_0138.jpg

Charlie on one of his many horses. A great little guy.

IMG_0134.jpg

Charlies collection of horse with his dad watching over themIMG_0139.jpg

Duke, Tom, Butch, and myself relaxing under Dukes tentIMG_0133.jpg

Butch after a good nights sleep in his truckIMG_0170.jpg

Eldon on his new radical machine patiently waiting for the ice cream social to begin

IMG_0135.jpg

Jon Bells wife Steph on the 633 with his daughters

IMG_0136.jpg

Me and Redbird racing our Suburbans at the cruise

IMG_0149.jpg

The three musketeers: Doc, Duke, and Butch at my camp site

IMG_0171.jpg

Most of the Redsquare group posing for this picIMG_0175.jpg

A radical Wheel Horse Rollback

IMG_0176.jpg

Wheel Horse Tow Truck with under reach

IMG_0180.jpg

rustbucket

i see me third one in from the right in the back with the hat on woot great pictures

mack1605

Nice pics Ray Glad you got the belt issue worked out as always good to see you guys

d180man

Hi thank you ! for posting the photos looks like you all had fun!! great photos! :thumbs2::thumbs: :ychain:

Butch

Ray is that a piece of denim I see hanging from your hitch? :thumbs2::ychain::thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

Suburban 550

Butch, I think what you see hangin' from the hitch is flesh from my leg. I was wearin' shorts when hit the hitch. :thumbs: Mark, like always great to see you and thanks for all your help. Nice herd of horses. :thumbs2:

Butch

Ray my wife, Linda, said she will most likely go next year even though she could care less about my money wasting tractor! I wonder if she has a hidden agenda. :thumbs2::thumbs:

Gotta get a tent and a tarp for the truck!! Maybe some other odds and ends like

a power supply. Oh yeah, I gotta finish my tractor to ride around on! Only 364 days left!! :ychain:

Suburban 550

Time's runnin' out, Butch. Ya better hustle on that tractor. :thumbs: Just set the tent up on a tree root and I guarantee you'll have an enclosed hauler the following year. :ychain: I knew somethin' was up when you she told me to go out and buy a hauler for the tractors. It actually wasn't for the tractors it was so she didn't have to sleep on the ground. I wonder if all Lindas think alike ? :thumbs2:

DOC in Kentucky

Ray, it was great talkin with you and I really enjoyed checkin out that "sweeeeeet" trailer. Now you just gotta get that air mattress thing straighten'd out so you not sleepin in a hole, if ya know what I mean!!!!

bo dawg

Great pic's :thumbs2: What model is the tractor that Eldon is on, that thing looks huge, I cant make out the numbers in the decal.

kj4kicks

It's a 595-HD. VERY limited production.

P6221311.jpg

brochurejpg.jpg

OMjpg-1.jpg

Butch

Does that R&D on the plate mean that that tractor was never intended to be sold

by a dealer and it was from the Research and Developement department?

Butch

S. Jersey

evanloock

Awesome Eldon!!!!!

kpinnc

Does that R&D on the plate mean that that tractor was never intended to be sold

by a dealer and it was from the Research and Developement department?

Dunno for sure, but the lack of a serial number makes me think it was a prototype.

Kevin

Butch

R&D usually means Research and Development. Being a prototype does make it extremely rare. I'd rather have a prototype than the first one coming off the assembly line. Can anyone decipher the ID number?

Butch

S. Jersey

CasualObserver

The plant in South Bend closed in 1993. Who knows what got shipped to Toro's headquarters in Bloomington, Minnesota, and what went out the side and back doors? :thumbs2: Ahhh... speculation is fun, eh? :thumbs:

bo dawg

Now that is one sweet piece of muscle. Very neat. :thumbs2:

Thanks for the info and pic's :thumbs:

DMESS

We actually got a lead on another one that is said to have the 3 pt hitch and rear pto. Guesstimate is that 3-4 were mocked up for possible production but ultimately lackluster C-195 sales deemed the idea unfavorable. Brochure and OM artwork was completed so it was certainly close to making the market.

I think I have this other one in the bag....fingers crossed. :thumbs2:

Sparky

Awww....you guys! :thumbs2:

Mike.........

DMESS

Awww....you guys! :thumbs:

Mike.........

I know, it's crazy how we managed to potentially find the second one. I was talking with Ed Cole about it and some of the prototype stuff they toyed with just blew my mind. If the other one IS the 3 pt/pto mule I'll have died and gone to heaven. :thumbs2:

Butch

What? :thumbs2: You think DMESS took it over the top? :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

DMESS

What? :thumbs2: You think DMESS took it over the top? :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

Did I miss something? :ychain:

Bow_Extreme

I think now would be a good time to put that 595HD on the market. I think Toro could do well with that. Anyone want to buy the Wheel Horse name brand from Toro and start making horses again?

Redbird

:thumbs2: Hey Ray! It was great meeting you and others from the club. The pics look great too. Thank you for posting the one of us racing. My camera died after taking a couple of the rollback and the tow truck, so I didn't get any others :ychain: I really wanted to get some of David (hubby) too, as this was not only our first Wheel Horse show but also his 1st ever camping trip. I'm hoping someone got a couple of him at least. He had the Raider 12, and the Charger 12 with the double chrome stacks. You know--the one that sucks the John Deere in the one pipe and spits it out the other :thumbs: Anyways, thanks again and great pics!

Suburban 550

Hey Redbird, Great meeting you and David. :thumbs: I don't even have to ask if you and the hubby had a great time, I already know the answer to that question. Did David get his new tractor,yet? I hope to see both of you next year. Good luck with the new Suburban. :thumbs2: