rmaynard

Big Show Lodging

wallfish
5 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Never went to a show yet and said geez ...wished I woulda spent more time in the camper (or hotel room)! 

:text-yeahthat: :ROTF:

• Haha 1

Horse Newbie

Where can I get a Redsquare hat ?

WHX??

Coach @nylyon  any caps? 

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, WHX?? said:

It's already here but I like the bushes.... :D

:angry-tappingfoot:

:law-policeblue:

:scared-eek:

• Haha 1

nylyon
25 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Coach @nylyon  any caps? 

Unfortunately no.

• Sad 1

953 nut
21 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

When did you make your reservations ?… the price has went up.

Mrs. Newbie is thinking about joining me.

Just checked, rooms are $ 71.   I'm an old fart so I got the big $ 1 Seniors discount.

https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/chambersburg/quality-inn-hotels/pa498#hotel-guest-rooms

953 nut

:confusion-confused:           double posted?   ?

Edited by 953 nut

WHX??
53 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:angry-tappingfoot:

:law-policeblue:

:scared-eek:

Comon now Sylvia... I know you drink :beer: you have male appendages (hopefully) .... you gonna sit ther and tell me you don't like the great outdoors? :lol:

We tried @Horse Newbie :mellow:

26 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Just checked, rooms are $ 71.

So my math cards got painted .... thanks Sylvia. . But what you are saying 'Nuts is it would take 352 months  to pay off my camper versus staying in a hotel? :lol:

Quit worrying about the price Newbie .... you wanna kiss yer wife just get a room! :ychain:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

953 nut
5 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

But what you are saying 'Nuts is it would take 352 years to pay off my camper versus staying in a hotel?

Perhaps a bit longer,     I don't have to burn extra fuel bringing my room to the show and taking it back home.      :confusion-scratchheadyellow:      But I will have to drive to and from the show each day (about 18 miles each way) so that would be around two gallons a day so perhaps the towing cost are a non-issue!    :confusion-confused:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

If I left right now on the E 141, bought a solar charger or three, and plugged extension cord in to recharge at gas station restrooms every 1/2 hour, I could make it to the Big Show from Michigan on time… stopping every other 1/2 hour to join @WHX?? in the bushes…

:auto-layrubber:

Hhhmmm… how green of me… :eusa-think:

Greta would be so proud…

image.jpeg.c2ff6fb49605fa4276065815c3fe476a.jpeg

:lol:

• Haha 2

stevebo

I am expect that I will be staying Wednesday night along side of Kev and family at hotel. The misses better bring some of the good ripple again

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
35 minutes ago, stevebo said:

staying Wednesday night along side of Kev and family at hotel

Do you park an open/ utility trailer in hotel parking lot, or is your trailer enclosed, if you are bring a trailer ?… just wondering how secure the hotel parking lot would be…

Horse Newbie
On 3/21/2022 at 7:34 PM, 953 nut said:

I'm going to be at the Quality Inn

@953 nut, Do you bring a trailer to the show ? Is it open ? Hotel parking lot pretty secure ?

19richie66
34 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

@953 nut, Do you bring a trailer to the show ? Is it open ? Hotel parking lot pretty secure ?

I drove my first year with an open trailer. I ended up leaving my tractor there with a well known responsible individual. No one messed with anything and I kept my trailer locked to my truck. I just cancelled my room a couple days ago as I have too much happening here. It’s a great time especially on thursday. Wednesday night dinner is a must :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I pull an open trailer and it only stays hooked up the first evening. Once the trailer is unloaded at the showgrounds I unhook and leave it in the trailer parking area. Whatever I bring stays under the easy-up shade tent and the keys stay in the ignition switch of the tractor. No one has ever messed with anything during the show.

1431497785_bigshowgrounds.jpg.85e1f4389950f1f6b3fc2be5e88a98ce.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

Thank you @953 nut… I figured that is about how it would go… and certainly did not think anything would be bothered at the show. 
My only small concern was the first night (Wed.) at the hotel…

Looking forward to meeting some of the members…

squonk

Last year our hotel parking lot was full of bucket trucks from crews repairing storm damage. Nobody was messing around with anything that night! :)

• Excellent 1