OHLB

Won't start

OHLB

Newbie here. 310-8 won't start. Battery is dated 10/19. Did crank a couple times but started losing ummph. Should I replace it or attempt to charge it? Can't tell if the battery is frozen. Never knew until today that batteries could freeze and that it's dangerous to charge a frozen battery. It's been single digits with wind chill the last couple weeks here. 

• Like 1

squonk

Your battery is over 2 yrs. old and dead. The batteries may last 3 on average. Replace it.

• Like 4

pfrederi

Many 310-8 had a 3 amp unregulated charging system.  That isn't going to bring back a sick battery I think interstate battery put a time release suicide pill in the L&G batteries...

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Bring it inside, let it warm up and see if it will take a charge room temperature warm. If not, as noted above, time for a new one…

:twocents-twocents:

• Like 1

Tuneup

Yeah, that!

... and don't forget that with a 50 MPH wind on a 20° day it's still 20°. If the wind wasn't blowing and the sun was shining, you'd be relatively warm at 20° without wind thanks to your skin's boundary layer. With wind, you'll feel the 20°. Still, that reality isn't scary enough so "it really feels like -10° and you're gonna die!"  Bull!

Every weather man/woman should pay a fee when they're wrong but they'd all be broke by the end of the week. /rant

OK, I doubt you'll have freeze issues on that battery above 0° but charge the heck out of and see if it's any good.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Even if you can charge the battery up it may still fail you .  Load test is in order.  Poor man's load test, hook up you multi meter to the battery, voltage should be about 12.6 if fully charged then try cranking it.  If voltage drops down to 9 volts or less get a new one...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

:WRS:

Achto

:WRS:

TJ5208

:text-welcomeconfetti: