Copper116

Tractor isn't moving...

AHS
10 hours ago, Copper116 said:

I did check it and it appears to be intact and rotating together, both shaft an lever

There are 3 pulleys, 1 on the engine. 1 on the transmission, 1 pulley that uses the clutch, is that pulley moving?

Copper116

I took a video of the issues but it is too long for a download I guess.  If I can have your email, maybe I can sent it to you that way.

• Like 1

squonk

Download to Youtube and post the link to it.

• Like 1

Copper116

I set the tractor wheels/tires back down on the floor.... I pulled the belt off and then turned the drive pulley by hand.   (The transmission is in High Range and 2nd gear.)  The tractor moves forward and backward with the turn of the drive pulley..  Now what else can I try?

c-series don
On 1/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, Achto said:

Personally I would take the 5/8x81 belt back and trade it for a new 5/8x82 belt, put every thing back together and you will most likely be back in business. Chances are that your old belt was warn, this would cause the original slipping issue.

I believe Achto is correct, I’d follow his advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Copper116

I'll measure my old belt to make sure but it's fairly new and Kevlar... the edges are sharp and there not much wear at all.  I kept the sleeve it came in.  I'll compare and see what that shows.... thanks again for helping out.  

• Like 2

c-series don

Please let us know the outcome, I’d like to know the answer to this. Actually most of us would!!! 

• Like 4

Copper116

Well, I finally had time to actually measure the belt that has been on my tractor.... it measures 83 inches X 58" Kevlar.  Not the 82 inches that is required.  I already feel like an idiot so no comments in that direction please!  :)    I'll go get an 82" belt asap.  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Copper116

Well guys... the new belt is on.  She goes just fine now !!!!!!!   I do appreciate all your help.  I compared the belt that I took off the tractor... to the sleeve that was on it from Tractor Supply.  They did not match.  1" difference !!   Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Sad 1

Copper116

I received my new clutch spring today so I'll put that on to; even though I don't need it.   Thanks LEE1977 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

rjg854

That's what's so great about this forum there isn't a problem that can't be fixed by the people that frequent here. :banana-dreads:

• Like 5

squonk

Happens all the time. When you buy a belt check the belt to the sleeve. 

• Like 4

pfrederi
3 hours ago, Copper116 said:

Well guys... the new belt is on.  She goes just fine now !!!!!!!   I do appreciate all your help.  I compared the belt that I took off the tractor... to the sleeve that was on it from Tractor Supply.  They did not match.  1" difference !!   Thanks again.

Was probably someone buying multiple belts because they didn't  know what they needed and then taking them back but wrong one in the wrong sleeve.. That is why I do NOT buy belts from TSC.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Copper116 said:

compared the belt that I took off the tractor... to the sleeve that was on it from Tractor Supply.  They did not match.

Glad you are back in operation!    :handgestures-thumbupright:     I learned that lesson the hard way once, now I check the number while at the store.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Copper116

I did check the number on the cardboard sleeve it was contained in.... I think it was returned and put in the wrong sleeve displaying the wrong size... Oh well..... it's not anything serious... just some anxious moments... and frustration.  all is good in the world again.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

killroy

Great to see you post the outcome for all to 👀 👀 

• Like 2

Copper116

Thank.... I should have checked the belt all along but since it was fairly new and replaced... I thought nothing of it... until now.  Figures.  Now the snow can come... 

• Like 3

kpinnc
On 1/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, Copper116 said:

.  I already feel like an idiot so no comments in that direction please!

Every post I have should include that disclaimer...

You're not only among friends, you're among equals LOL. :lol:

• Haha 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, kpinnc said:

You're not only among friends, you're among equals

:text-yeahthat:

Doug Larson: To err is human; to admit it, superhuman. | QuoteTab

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3