kpinnc

Aging not so gracefully

Bill D

Beautiful sunset.  Don't set the house on fire with that heat lamp.  I'd rather have a frozen cat than a burned out house.

• Like 4

kpinnc
40 minutes ago, Bill D said:

Beautiful sunset.  Don't set the house on fire with that heat lamp.  I'd rather have a frozen cat than a burned out house.

Agreed.

Stanly is actually a cat that I like, because I do NOT like inside cats. Only so many things I tolerate on kitchen surfaces, and kitty litter feet are not on the list.

But the lamp on the porch is in a safe place. 

• Like 5

953 nut

Nice sunset!     :text-coolphotos:    

We had an old outdoor stray for a few years, wouldn't come in the house but stayed in the yard tool shed. I used a heat pad covered with towels inside a couple cardboard boxes nested over one another as his kitty-condo. The only time he would befriend us was feeding time but we no longer needed to put out any mouse traps.    Good Kitty. 

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
7 hours ago, kpinnc said:

lamp on the porch

He’ll have a good tan !:lol:

• Haha 3

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Horse Newbie said:

He’ll have a good tan !:lol:

Like Christmas vacation...

pjimage-7-7.jpg

• Haha 1

stevasaurus

So, let me get this straight...the heat lamp looked like a sunset, and you got to take a nap so you could dream about poosey cats.  Classic !!!  :thumbs:

• Haha 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

So, let me get this straight...the heat lamp looked like a sunset, and you got to take a nap so you could dream about poosey cats.  Classic !!!  :thumbs:

Exactly! It was embarrassing, yet satisfying!

• Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
6 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Faaarrr out maaann …

• Like 2

Jeff-C175

Decades ago we had a shop cat, Sebastian.  I built him a 'Cat House' in the shop.  Wish I had some pictures...  the little kids next door 'decorated' it for me.  They loved Sebastian, and he was a lover!  It was a work of art, lemmee tell ya!

It started life as a big cardboard box.  Some duct tape and box cutter transformed it.  Added an elevated 'sleeping shelf' under which was a 25 W light bulb.  It had a 'surplus' thermostat that controlled the bulb on/off. Had to put an anti tamper box on top of the t'stat because I swear he kept turning it up!

The 'door' was a flap cut out and duct taped with a sign on it that said: 

image.png.c0495ca54a8cd4bbdbaa45fb8a922527.png

And old Sebatian 'made it so' !  

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 4
  • Heart 1

kpinnc
7 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

And old Sebatian 'made it so' !  

Same with Stanly back in the day. He was a mouse terrorizing machine! Mice, lizards, squirrels, and rabbits trembled in fear. He even picked off the occasional snake. :blink:

But he left the birds alone. The wife loves her cardinals, finches, and blue birds. Stanly just seemed to know better... Bird feeders were off limits!

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
12 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

snake

We had a Siamese when I was a wee tyke that would bring snakes home on a regular basis.  Had to be careful when we let him in.  He would actually knock on the door when he wanted in.  He used his rear paw, back to the door, knock knock knock knock ... constantly until we let him in.  His name was "King".  He lived for TWENTY ONE YEARS!

• Heart 2