sjoemie himself

Newb from the Netherlands

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum.lots of good folks here.

That is a neat looking Horse you have there.  Unusual implement and unusual engine.  Is the engine originals or was it swapped?

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

Welkom noorderbuur! 

Ken nog iemand met een 512D,   @SCHAFLOR is zijn naam hier. 

Alles je vragen hebt stel ze gerust. Best wel in het engels omdat hier niet  veel nederlandstalige zijn. 

Ik kan je ook vertellen dat die sweeper niet origineel is maar wel knap gemaakt! 

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Maxwell-8
39 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum.lots of good folks here.

That is a neat looking Horse you have there.  Unusual implement and unusual engine.  Is the engine originals or was it swapped?

Original engine, only for the European market because we Europeans have always been big on diesels. it's a 8.5 hp engine. Quite remarkable Wheel Horse taught it was comparable to a 12hp gas engine by using the 512D name

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Welkom noorderbuur! 

Ken nog iemand met een 512D,   @SCHAFLOR is zijn naam hier. 

Alles je vragen hebt stel ze gerust. Best wel in het engels omdat hier niet  veel nederlandstalige zijn. 

Ik kan je ook vertellen dat die sweeper niet origineel is maar wel knap gemaakt! 

:scratchead: :text-google: :lol:

Don

Maxwell-8
1 minute ago, Snoopy11 said:

:scratchead: :text-google: :lol:

Don

Dutch my friend, on of the strangest languages in the world and very hard to learn I have heard.

Welcome northern neighbor! 

I know another person with a 512D, @SCHAFLOR is his name here. 

If you have questions feel free to ask. Best to do it in english because there are not many dutch speakers here. 

I can also tell you that the sweeper is not original but it is very well made! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Dutch my friend, on of the strangest languages in the world and very hard to learn I have heard.

Yes, I desperately needed a translation... :laughing-rolling:

It sounds beautiful though!!!  :)

Don

sjoemie himself

Thank you all for the very warm welcome and already many interesting links and information!

About the sweeper, no Idea if that is original WH or not. As far as i can tell it does mount to the tach-a-matic as if it was an original implement. Clutch and pulley set up also seem to be original but what do I know 😇

I'm guessing it is an aftermarket sweeper but specifically designed to be used on WH tractors.

The plan (for now) is to use the machine as is and later on, in about a year or so, fix it up and make it nice. We will see if I can resist the temptation of tinkering with it until then.. 

• Like 3

Daddy Don

Welcome you will love this site. :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            We have several European members on this site. They can help you find parts or services if needed. 

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:  Very nice tractor. I'm a diesel lover myself.:)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  me too on that diesel lover’s bus!  Actually, I’m willing to drive it!

6BF00D15-D39F-4034-AADE-82613238AF89.jpeg

• Like 1

sjoemie himself

Thank you all. All the help is much appreciated.

I'll see if I can update my profile and post some pictures of a current machine i'm working on in a separate topic.

WHX??

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

henryhpsd

Hello !

I believe the diesels are a bit more common here in EU then they are in the USA.

Although still rare, they do show up from time to time on marktplaats.

Thinking i remember they were primarily a "expert" model.

The broom u have is more un-common...i havnt seen any of those on the local selling sites in years.

Fantastic setup you have there !

I do know someone from Putten who has the same model, perhaps if needed i can bring you two in contact..or ill see if i can get him here on forum...that is better lol

(ps im from Opende..only an hour driving a way from you) 

Have fun !

Henry.

• Like 1

sjoemie himself
16 hours ago, henryhpsd said:

Hello..

Henry.

Thanks for your reply and info. I think I just got really lucky with this purchase. I've seen several Wheel Horses go for much more than what I paid for this tractor including the sweeper. I think that's a good price regarding it's a diesel.

Funny that you live so close and that we 'meet' through this forum.

Small update on the tractor, since purchasing it I modified the casterwheels on the sweeper. They were welded in place and I changed Them so that I van bolt them in place. Makes replacing the wheels much easier.

Then went out and tested the tractor a my patents place since their driveway is much more suited for testing (a.k.a. very long).

All went well and within an hour or so the driveway was clean and all the leaves were in a big like. Unfortunately forgot to take pictures since I was enjoying myself too much 😁🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_20211203_160706_3.jpg

IMG_20211203_184712_9.jpg

• Like 3

Maxwell-8
18 hours ago, henryhpsd said:

a bit more common here in EU then they are in the USA.

They were only for the EU-market. made in Belgium

• Excellent 1

Hendrik

Hello, this is the 512-D from Harfsen?

I think the sweeper was delivered by the Dutch importer Lozeman, I also got a 512-D,(my second) and I have a front mower with it, also a product from Bozeman as far as I know.

ABF332AF-34AE-4A9A-BFAC-99BA064643A3.jpeg.eeb4566e9e36841d3047e9fb4a83a772.jpeg

• Excellent 1

sjoemie himself
2 hours ago, Hendrik said:

this is the 512-D from Harfsen

Indeed it is! Thank you for the information on the implements. If anything the color scheme seems to match and also the attachment point for the lift lever seems to be the same.

That drum-mower (cyclo maaier noem ik het meestal) looks awesome! Looks like you could mow some pretty tall grass with it. Is it as heavy to lift as my sweeper? 

To be clear, is it Bozeman or Lozeman? You mentioned both in your post.

Also, have you got pictures of your tractors and implements?

Mark

Hendrik
52 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Indeed it is! Thank you for the information on the implements. If anything the color scheme seems to match and also the attachment point for the lift lever seems to be the same.

That drum-mower (cyclo maaier noem ik het meestal) looks awesome! Looks like you could mow some pretty tall grass with it. Is it as heavy to lift as my sweeper? 

To be clear, is it Bozeman or Lozeman? You mentioned both in your post.

Also, have you got pictures of your tractors and implements?

Mark

Hallo Mark,

It is Lozeman from Elst near Arnhem, both the sweeper as the drum-mower are very rare.

Here a picture of my 416-8 with the tiller.

0619D4FF-7AD5-494E-AE43-FFF48C2F9A6B_1_201_a.jpeg.9502296c787392679c97558f61c8c4bb.jpeg

• Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

Again, thank you for the info. It seems that i've been very lucky with this purchase not knowing anything about Wheel Horses and/or this attachment 😅

Once I start working on this some more I will keep you updated.

@Hendrik do you know if there are more Lozeman implements for the Wheel Horse tractors besides the sweeper and mower?