Gregor

Funnel

Gregor

My wife brought this home the other day.funnel.jpg.d91da888b0d52dcc8e7ffab4fc41d246.jpgIt's for putting fake flowers in, and sticking into the ground. I sort-a commandeered it. (much like her torque wrench)  You can't see them, but there are small ribs where the yellow circle is. I removed the nail, and using progressively larger drill bits, I drilled the hole out to 5/16" 20211203_091553.jpg.c69e0d5ec45519dfbb4fe8f8b813600a.jpg Sometimes putting trans fluid in, it's sometimes hard to find a small funnel that will fit in the fill tube. When you do, the fluid "Burps" because the air cannot escape. I am thinking the ribs will allow air to escape and stop the burping. This is especially bad on my Massey tractors. The fill tube is only 3/8".

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

squonk

The word "funnel " makes me laugh. And I can't say why here! :lol: 

• Haha 1

Jeff-C175
4 minutes ago, Gregor said:

fluid "Burps" because the air cannot escape

Don't ever look down into the funnel if you don't want an eye full of trans fluid!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

Greg that's a nice funnel n all. But why you got to be takin' a woman's torque wrench....

Two other neat tricks I've heard about ~ but don't exactly participate in ~ for the transmission fluid filling process. 

1. Get the new oil as warm as possible without burning yourself or the oil for that matter...

2. Buy a footlong piece of the smallest possible flexible thin hose you can. Drop that in the funnel so that it sits several inches below the spout but make sure it's not caught on anything inside what you're feeling. Make sure the top end comes all the way out and up and above the funnel so it doesn't fall in.

Escaping air only needs the tiniest little channel.

• Like 3

Snoopy11
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Greg that's a nice funnel n all. But why you got to be takin' a woman's torque wrench....

Two other neat tricks I've heard about ~ but don't exactly participate in ~ for the transmission fluid filling process. 

1. Get the new oil as warm as possible without burning yourself or the oil for that matter...

2. Buy a footlong piece of the smallest possible flexible thin hose you can. Drop that in the funnel so that it sits several inches below the spout but make sure it's not caught on anything inside what you're feeling. Make sure the top end comes all the way out and up and above the funnel so it doesn't fall in.

Escaping air only needs the tiniest little channel.

Aw Eric... you have ruined by life. I like when it bubbles and goes everywhere... it keeps my floor from rusting! :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don

I went the other way and used a funnel into a small tube to do the filling letting the rest of the dipstick tube be the "vent". I poked the tube down to well below the bottom of the dipstick tube. After bracing the funnel, I'd fill it with oil and then do something else while it slowly drained down. No burping  

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 2