Southern_Secret

7 years & I finally got one!!

Snoopy11
20 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

my tractor had to & was going to be a WHEELHORSE no matter how long it took to find it!

That... brought tears to my eyes. :)

20 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

if you will mount & balance 4 tires for me ill just trade you out even

That is totally awesome! Wow. 

Are we looking at a full blown restoration here... what are you thinking to get this thing running? :confusion-confused:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
Missed something...
  • Like 2

Southern_Secret

20211015_154912.jpg

20211020_145000.jpg

20211020_145007.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Maxwell-8

Great find! seems like WH are not only rare here. 

This list may help you out:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

JCM

:text-welcomeconfetti:To   :rs:  Good luck in your adventure and most importantly take your time in cleaning it up and going over everything going forward and not have to back track because you skipped over something later on.    @peter lena  would be all over that, I am sure he will chime in.   :thumbs:

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don

Nice to hear that you did your research, set a goal, and had patience to see it come to fruition! Congratulations.

I'm sure you'll discover some more surprises as you bring that colt back to life but underneath all that dirt and grime is a real worker that'll give you a lot of satisfaction to bring out.

Please be sure to keep us posted with pics of your progress.

And WELCOME!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Skwerl58

Great deal on a nice tractor. I have a 414-8 and love the thing. It has all the power you need and then some! Thanks for the pictures and you are starting out right, cleaning it and prepping it!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, JCM said:

@peter lena  would be all over that, I am sure he will chime in

:text-yeahthat: ... :bow-blue:

Don

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Southern_Secret

20211020_145016.jpg

20211020_145025.jpg

20211020_145032.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Snoopy11

OKAY... @Southern_Secret really has been sifting around here for a while... you are on the MONEY with :banana-gotpics:

:bow-yellow:

Don

• Like 1

Snoopy11

You got a crate engine under the hood? :laughing-rolling:

20211020_145041.jpg

That crate looks familiar... :thumbs:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Great story....Great find.        The tractor and the deck really look excellent.   The ll00 Eaton Hydro also.  You can find all the manuals in our manuals section.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

• Like 4

tunahead72

@Southern_Secret Congratulations on a great find!  And all for the price of some labor, nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

One of our guys here @squonk has a good bit of NAPA know-how, he's probably a good source for part numbers for common parts -- filters, pulleys, bearings, that sort of thing.

Have fun! 

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Excellent find!!

As it says in the thread linked by @Maxwell-8 above I have a horse here that I wanted to create a permanent usable checklist to follow for repairs, diagnosis, maintenance.

Take a look see at that thread and even print it out so you have a paper copy if you like.

Follow that from the top down and check off all the things you've already done and remind yourself of the stuff that you need to do.

You'll have yourself an absolutely fantastic worker there.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Southern_Secret

20211114_152908.jpg

20211121_160028.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

pfrederi

Great Story and great Progress ..Congratulations!!!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

roadapples

Worked for NAPA my self nearly 50 years ago. Nice to be able to get your parts at work. Hubcaps may clean up with aluminum foil, and.  :WRS:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

sparkie333

Great job there--That is some great looking Horse---And I'm unanimous in this---

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Southern_Secret
23 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Are we looking at a full blown restoration here... what are you thinking to get this thing running? :confusion-confused:

All it took was a new maechanical fuel pump and a spark plug

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, Southern_Secret said:

All it took was a new maechanical fuel pump and a spark plug

Gotta love that!!! :)

Don

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1