Chris T

Some people call it a sickness....

wildman

NIce survivor 

• Like 2

ri702bill

Very nice indeed. Did you remove the hood thumbscrews for transport or are they missing? They are known to vibrate loose and fall out. Looks completely original, right down to the sediment bowl and control cables - well done.

Bill

• Like 2

Achto

Very nice!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

Chris nice find. After gone thru it will serve you well.

• Like 2

stevebo

Yup sickness…

• Like 4

Zeek

That is an awesome find! Still has the original tires and fuel separator bowl! I can't tell from this pick, but you have a double bonus if nobody rattle-canned it.

• Like 3

Pullstart
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

Yup sickness…

more like a gift :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

ri702bill

Chris:

I can't tell from the picture, but it probably has the the original metal fuel pump with the priming lever at the bottom. If so, that is awesome. Got one on Dad's 702 and my 854 - they were only made for a few years in the 1960's. Well worth rebuilding.

Bill

• Like 3

kpinnc

In today's world, I would call those who collect and preserve hard working, still going, awesome looking, American made history nothing less than patriotic. If that is a sickness, I'm proud to have an acute case of it, and I hope it finds a way to become highly contagious! :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Chris T

Thanks guys! Overall it’s a really nice original machine! Couple of the thumb screws were missing but being a machinist I’ll make up a few for it once I start going through it this week! I’ll keep updated with pics!

kpinnc
23 hours ago, Chris T said:

Thanks guys! Overall it’s a really nice original machine! Couple of the thumb screws were missing but being a machinist I’ll make up a few for it once I start going through it this week! I’ll keep updated with pics!

I would caution you on that. If you produce good ones, folks might want you to make more... :rolleyes:

There are cheap knock offs on Fleabay too. Just something to start with and compare to.

Handy Don
9 hours ago, kpinnc said:

I would caution you on that. If you produce good ones, folks might want you to make more... :rolleyes:

There are cheap knock offs on Fleabay too. Just something to start with and compare to.

McMaster has some that are similar. Might make sense to modify them rather that go from scratch.

Chris T
On 11/24/2021 at 12:35 AM, kpinnc said:

Ive done quite a few of them before for myself and some other members. I’ve matched the original knurl and dimensions as well.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Chris: That looks great now. Is the paint all original? The moons help a lot. Enjoy the ride. 

953 nut

My wife diagnosed me as having an acute case of Wheel Horse sickness, I am seeking a second opinion from all of you. To me it is just my psychological resilience  exercise. 

• Haha 6

CCW

@953 nut  WH sickness is nothing to be ashamed of.  If I had a button for WH sickness I'd where it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Chris T
4 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Chris: That looks great now. Is the paint all original? The moons help a lot. Enjoy the ride. 

Hey Gary, it’s either original or a very old repaint. It presents really well! I like the caps

on it too 

• Like 2

D_Mac

Nice find. Rub it all down with some boiled linseed oil and it will look like a new penny.

bds1984

I don't call it a sickness.  There are far, far worse things that one could spend money on!  At least with a Wheel Horse, it is a useful addiction!

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

To paraphrase Red Green:

I'm a Wheel Horse addict

I can change

If I have to

I guess...

:(

Nope...

Look!

Honey, just a quick look... two minutes...

Promise...

It'll fit in the trunk...

Or roof... or... :eusa-think:

Where's @Pullstart loading services when you need him?!? :angry-tappingfoot:

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

rjg854

I don't call it a sickness, I call it a necessity. Each tractor has a purpose. And one of those purposes is that it makes me happy.  :teasing-poke:

• Like 6

Lee1977

It's a resistance to modern made junk, anything made that well now if you could find any, would cost $5,000.

• Like 3

Pullstart
12 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Where's @Pullstart loading services when you need him?!? :angry-tappingfoot:

Hey I can pack a shed too remember… 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2