Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

About the books I make (physical format/features)

WheelHorse_of_course

The books I make are printed at 600dpi on standard 8.5x11" paper. They are then "perfect bound" using thermal covers. This glue method produces very durable books with the pages permanently attached.

The books all have a clear front. Some have a clear back as well. In most cases, under the front cover is a colored (index board) cover. These are red in the case of Wheel Horse manuals, of course.

Each description in my store describes the details for each book.

In the case of compilations there's a sheet of colored paper between each section to make it easy to find the section you are looking for.

In a few cases there are two manuals back to back. This type has clear covers on both ends. You flip the book to get to whichever "front" cover you are using. By flipping the contents both books have the spine on the left.

The PDFs I use come from a variety of sources. Many are the same PDF you might download from Toro or Red Square.  In other cases I have found better quality scans or made my own scans. In the case of my own scans I share them here on Red Square, but the version I sell often have enhancements like the removal of lines, addition of Service notes, or various compilations and abridged versions. Feel free to ask about specific books and I can tell you more about the source and quality.

I generally don't sell the shorter manuals that were sold with equipment, but I can add those if requested.

Also, I am happy to custom make any book you provide me, just ask for a quote. If you have a better (than from the usual sources) quality scan of something I don't sell, I am willing to make you a copy in return for permission to use your PDF (assuming of course your scan is better than what is available elsewhere).

I am always looking for the best scan I can find. In cases where what was out there just wasn't good enough I have purchased originals and scanned them. I also periodically improve my existing files by removing lines around the edges, punch holes, etc etc.

In short, I am proud of what I make, and do the best I can given this is a hobby and my time isn't unlimited. While my auctions state "no returns" I want satisfied customers and am happy to talk should you be disappointed. Especially so for my Red Square brethren.

Keep in mind that what I charge is primarily for the creation of the book, not for the content per se.

Finally, a thank you to the many people, here and elsewhere, that have scanned and/or collected Wheel Horse materials. This is a great service to the Wheel Horse community, and I thank you. I know that some may be offended by my "profiting" off your efforts. All I can say is that I have recently shared several scans I made that are better than the other versions that were out there, so I do try to reciprocate. To the extent that I scan additional material I do intend on continuing to do so.

As always, please link to my site using the following link (it is also in my signature for convenient reference)

https://www.bonanza.com/booths/RolfTaylor?fref=TyIdMpz9

Edited by WheelHorse_of_course
  • Like 2