jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

8ntruck
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

In your shorts, right?

:laughing-rolling:

Don

Saw a mail carrier today delivering in shorts.  Then again, it was cloudy and about 50 today in mid Mo.

We are supposed to get rain/snow/ice starting around midnight and continuing until tomorrow.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

pfrederi
14 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

My 520H tractors are not fit for a barn, let alone carpet.  Yesterday one of them was sleeping in my enclosed trailer and it peed all over the place, the usual incontinence.  The best thing for these ill-mannered hydros is a thick bed of sawdust.  :bitch:

Virtually none of my equip WH or other will ever rust out from the the bottom...:P

• Haha 3

rjg854
58 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Man… parked on carpets… must be thoroughbred’s that won the Triple Crown !

That's wall to wall actually. :teasing-neener:   It was stored in a storage shed and it just happened to span the width of the horse barn. It's back a couple of feet from the overhead door. It's been in that shed all the time I've lived here. @20 years.Finally put it to use. Nothing is to good for a :wh:

:occasion-snowman:

• Excellent 4

Tuneup
17 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Here in the piedmont of NC they are forecasting 1.5 inches… I am ready to fire up the 1994 520H and ride around !:lol:

I hear that! 4 inches expected here tonight and tomorrow with a nice base coat of the famous Georgia 'black ice'. Be afraid - be very afraid! Popcorn ready to watch Georgians approaching intersections at 40 MPH on ice - always a treat.

Let's see - Kroger is out of milk and low on bread (and bacon). Milk and bacon - check, 40 gallons of gas, generator - check, trailer full of wood - check, pail is in the garage so it doesn't blow to Savannah, 516H is ready to mow. Power sliding fun tomorrow, but in the golf cart, or maybe the Ranger to remind me of the younger years. Wife ready to say,  "You're not taking that truck out on those roads!" - check.

It'll be a hell of a weekend!

• Haha 2

ebinmaine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

953 nut

Here in Western North Carolina we aren't likely to have any snow accumulation because the temperatures today are forecast to be above 40 all day and not go below freezing over night. Nonetheless, the 418-C has wheel weights, loaded tires, chains and the snow blade and will be on standby.  Probably won't have much to plow but if I'm quick enough I may be able to catch a flake or two as they fall.       :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Here in Western North Carolina we aren't likely to have any snow accumulation because the temperatures today are forecast to be above 40 all day and not go below freezing over night. Nonetheless, the 418-C has wheel weights, loaded tires, chains and the snow blade and will be on standby.  Probably won't have much to plow but if I'm quick enough I may be able to catch a flake or two as they fall.       :laughing-rolling:

Good work Richard. 

It's all about the planning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike in NC
21 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Got chains! I hear we could get 1/4" to a 1/2" of ice. They say Rain,Ice, and Snow in NC don't know were the dividing line will be.

Up here in the mountains, they are say 12"-18". I hope the Bronco 14 can keep up. 

It is 33 here. It is not suppose to get any warmer. They are saying the snow should start around 02:00. 

Edited by Mike in NC
  • Like 1

19richie66

I have my shovel out. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

pfrederi

Got to get past the -5 this morning and tomorrow morning before the snow.  Block warmer will go on tomorrow

• Like 1

Snoopy11

Zat it...???

100_1457.JPG.2dbd5bd12908c6ef87dbc4f46bed3df8.JPG

100_1458.JPG.439173aab02b79cf4bcfb26cb176ef64.JPG

:rolleyes:

Don

sgtsampay

My current setup. 

D3131B52-335C-487D-BB70-1E2A81FC4B02.jpeg

9C30F22C-10FA-40FD-BA62-AD231D9FCD83.jpeg

F919E124-0A50-4AFF-A656-967902068C17.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Jeff-C175
5 minutes ago, sgtsampay said:

setup

You make that Sarge?  Filled with lead?  Howzit hooked up to machine?

image.png.8ce94685c9dd55860cb4a43bd6cb9403.png

sgtsampay

Haha. Yes it’s a counter weight my grandfather made when he first got the tractor back in 1976. The blower has no spring assist, just a counter weight system. Pretty smooth I think.. the tractor I got from him this past fall because he is to old to use it much anymore. I can totally put it to work. It’s in rougher shape than my c160 due to living outside most of its life. 

7205A9AD-E39E-4938-9889-42719166C1FF.jpeg

BAA72718-1094-4F7E-9B0E-627555EC8EC5.jpeg

Edited by sgtsampay
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

rjg854
On 1/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, squonk said:

Didn't you do that last week? And the week before? and the week before that? :teasing-poke::teasing-poke::lol:

The only thing I've been doing for weeks since getting ready for snow is waiting and looking at them. They're calling for 8 to 14" of snow, so hopefully they'll get some work.

Tuneup

Here it comes!

image.png.8ccc08ca2f5ebd2e301c78156d2dc396.png

• Excellent 1

Mike in NC

On that map, I would be off to the upper right corner, just inside NC on the VA/TN border. It is flurrying here.

• Like 1

giddyap

Only once this season did we get dumped on. 2" of dry powder 25 miles SE of Cleveland O is stange. And at 5 am, my neighbors had to wonder that of me.

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, sgtsampay said:

a counter weight my grandfather made

That is absolutely  GENIUS !

squonk

Gonna get the triple whammy. Snow, ice and more snow. Then I'll have to load up the Ariens and head to Buffalo to dig my son out.

• Sad 1

sgtsampay
34 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

That is absolutely  GENIUS !

Thank you!! I took a video of it with my phone but it’s to large to share on this forum.. anyways, it really is a cool setup he created. It’s so sad thzt he is 82 now and can’t do anything much anymore.. his mind though is still sharp as ever! 

• Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, sgtsampay said:

Thank you!! I took a video of it with my phone but it’s to large to share on this forum.. anyways, it really is a cool setup he created. It’s so sad thzt he is 82 now and can’t do anything much anymore.. his mind though is still sharp as ever! 

Very cool set up!!

FYI If you become a “supporter” you can post all the pics / videos you want…

it’s worth it… :twocents-twocents:

• Like 1

953 nut

took a video of it with my phone but it’s to large to share on this forum

You can post it to YouTube and then put a link to your video on this site.

so sad thzt he is 82 now and can’t do anything much anymore.. his mind though is still sharp as ever!

I can Identify with that, I'm going to be 77 soon and can't do half what I could a few years ago. Be sure to tell your dad how much we appreciate his workmanship.

• Like 1

Sarthurs01

Patiently waiting here in PA

6ED1947D-D993-4E5D-AFB3-F54514C6D78A.jpeg

405B8100-A568-4DDE-BDDA-BBF0D284B24A.jpeg

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
20 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

Zat it...???

100_1457.JPG.2dbd5bd12908c6ef87dbc4f46bed3df8.JPG

100_1458.JPG.439173aab02b79cf4bcfb26cb176ef64.JPG

:rolleyes:

Don

This is all we have so far in the Piedmont of NC… mostly sleet…

692848DA-6FF1-4589-A476-7894883B19F6.jpeg

• Haha 1