SylvanLakeWH

New to Me E-141

Pullstart

That didn’t take long!  Is that Dave you bought it from?  Good guy!

SylvanLakeWH

Yep!

He is a great guy…

(said he’s done some deals with you… but I didn’t hold that against him…:ychain:)

Gotta keep the horses headed away from them Wisconsin boys…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

oliver2-44

So does this mean the railroad is going electric:scared-shocked::scared-shocked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
22 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

So does this mean the railroad is going electric:scared-shocked::scared-shocked:

Yup!!!

See my post in What’s in my Mirror… full details…

echris

I'm curious since I've never used or worked one before, how long do they run on a single charge on good batteries, for instance, mowing a flat yard?

SylvanLakeWH
42 minutes ago, echris said:

I'm curious since I've never used or worked one before, how long do they run on a single charge on good batteries, for instance, mowing a flat yard?

No clue yet… will be doing some tests…

• Like 1

echris

There's 6 batteries, correct?

If you know the specs of the motor, and we can calculate the load from adding the PTO and know the AH of the batteries, we can do math and figure out the number! Yay!

And in the real world find out we were totally wrong. :D

It must be surreal mowing in near silence aside from the deck noise and whine from the motor.

I bet you'll hear a bearing going bad a few years before you would on a gas powered tractor. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH

Takes six but running on three right now…

• Like 1

Pullstart

Ok, I’ve gotta ask.  Please tell me those headlights are functional!?!?!?  The broken lens is trying to trick my mind… is there something behind there other than a hood?

SylvanLakeWH

Yes they work. Cover is broke. Will be looking for replacement. May change bulbs to LED…Maybe the guy who does 3D printing??? @Wheel Horse 3D???

I’ll be posting a lot more pics. The hood covers another tray for 3 more batteries… I’m running it on 3 right now, as that’s how it came… 2 under seat and one under hood…

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks for getting her going Erv!

I’ll do my best to keep her going!!!

I am sure I’ll be in touch with some wiring questions!!!

Take care!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Question I’ve thought of often.  In a bank of 3 batteries in series to create 36v, can you still pull 12v off one battery for lights, other accessories, etc?  

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Well, since the lights work I’m gonna say yes… I have not had time to dive into this one… 

Handy Don

Ye

4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Question I’ve thought of often.  In a bank of 3 batteries in series to create 36v, can you still pull 12v off one battery for lights, other accessories, etc?  

Yep. You can get 12, 24, or 36. Your choice. Its just like tapping transformer windings to get different outputs.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
On 10/31/2021 at 2:22 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

horses headed away from them Wisconsin boys…

You do that ... especially when it comes time to buy batteries! My head would be swiss cheese I had to tell SWMBO ! spent 800+ on a dead horse! Sides B hood heavy over here! :D

@Achto had a line on on a nice one but the batteries were a deal breaker. I had a line on one too with new batts for a real decent price but the guy backed out at the last minute. 

Sorry I boned you on the lens Sylvia but it was Dan's fault for destroying my brain cells.... :lol:

You get a ahold of @Wheel Horse 3D ?

Hey Craig how'd you get my loader back? I was  just workin it last nite! 

D641462E-98A3-41FF-A329-C1DD7B32CD68.jpeg.4bc03795b71b3c94fd8f632cc8b4706b.jpeg

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH

Black Hood heavy??? :confusion-confused:

That’s just crazy talk @WHX??

Musta got into the cheese curds again last night… :law-policeblue:

All’s forgiven on your confused state of mind… a lack of Black Hoods in the stable causes that…

:occasion-clown:

I’m thinking over options on this here :scared-shocked: Black Hood… gotta decide if I’m gonna just keep her as is or pretty her up for SL&WHN RR duties. She’s gonna be my go to tug for the train, so I’m probably going to get her looking right proper including the headlight bezel… but… I’m also thinking she needs another :scared-shocked: playmate so… could be more news… or, :hide:

I may go “missing” if Mrs. Sylvia says :snooty:

In any event, it’s pretty cool driving this thing around quietly… very unique… :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Im still here..been busy as heck but yep ive got a good file of that headlight lens and make em frosted or unfrosted. I think the frosted like Craig's looks best.

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
On 11/2/2021 at 5:34 PM, Pullstart said:

You most certainly can! All just a matter of where ya wire to.

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

You most certainly can! All just a matter of where ya wire to.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Handy Don said:

Yep. You can get 12, 24, or 36. Your choice. Its just like tapping transformer windings to get different outputs.

Pay attention to grounding. Probably at the negative terminal of the first battery in the string. From there to each of the positives in the string will be 12v, 24v, and 36v respectively. You could tap across the 2nd or 3rd battery for 12v (or the 2nd and 3rd for 24v), but you'd have to be sure to isolate both conductors from the tractor ground and any other positives.

SylvanLakeWH
30 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Im still here..been busy as heck but yep ive got a good file of that headlight lens and make em frosted or unfrosted. I think the frosted like Craig's looks best.

I’d like to order one. All black with frosted lens. Couldn’t figure out which one that would be from your Etsy menu choices… I use satin black Rustoleum…

Pm me and give me the details…

• Like 1