SylvanLakeWH

New to Me E-141

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: I've got a CD with the title 'Round Sounds'.  It is various radial aircraft engines starting up and running.

Heard a tidbit on the radio yesterday that in a short time most Ferraris will be electric. Somehow, I think an electric Ferrari will loose part of its soul with the silent drive train.  Yes, it will handle well and be fast - probably better than previous Ferraris - but it won't sound right. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
55 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

- probably better than previous Ferraris - but it won't sound right

With today's modern technology you could probably tie in the audio amazing osity of any Ferrari model you want to the vehicular sound system

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Winter report on battery usage:

Just finished first plowing with the E-141.

Two driveways. About 3" total snow on frozen slop with hard pack drifts 12-24".

5 degrees with -17 degree windchill. 

No chains no added weight.

69% remaining on batteries after 45 minutes plowing. Two driveways... flat concrete.

17A16BF9-4845-4A9E-B015-B4AFE73A1B83.jpeg

B48A8535-BD45-4DF0-BDC5-DD0CEB6C1752.jpeg

• Like 8

c-series don

Absolutely love the fact that you are using that tractor for a use that probably very few  E-series owners ever used them for. Also just wanted to add one thing. At 14 years old I got a 42” blade for Christmas for my Work Horse GT-1800. I used it to plow snow for years in the position you have yours in, I think it’s the third hole from the top with the springs? I mainly had it like this because I thought it looked cool, however years later I restored a 48” blade and rolled it back to the second hole from the top. I was surprised how much better it pushed and rolled snow. I’ve actually tried the top hole for pushing dirt so it would cut better and used the bottom hole for spreading gravel. Pretty amazing that the engineers at Wheel Horse actually gave thought to this. Keep rocking the E-141 I love it!! 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
7 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Absolutely love the fact that you are using that tractor for a use that probably very few  E-series owners ever used them for. Also just wanted to add one thing. At 14 years old I got a 42” blade for Christmas for my Work Horse GT-1800. I used it to plow snow for years in the position you have yours in, I think it’s the third hole from the top with the springs? I mainly had it like this because I thought it looked cool, however years later I restored a 48” blade and rolled it back to the second hole from the top. I was surprised how much better it pushed and rolled snow. I’ve actually tried the top hole for pushing dirt so it would cut better and used the bottom hole for spreading gravel. Pretty amazing that the engineers at Wheel Horse actually gave thought to this. Keep rocking the E-141 I love it!! 

Thanks for the comments!!!

I have a brand new concrete driveway and plow another brand new one next door. Blade is purposely in that spot to reduce bite for first couple of years... I agree that your suggested tilt would scrape better but for now i'm purposely keeping it lightly scraping... I'm babying the new drive... :hide:

I'll keep posting as I go with the E-141... it really is a great tractor... so much more than a tug for the train (but don't tell the little guys... they think all the :wh:'s are for them)... :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Thor27
On 4/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

When you said Horn, considering the intended usage of your horse, I expected:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

I'm cheap... :D

Here's a bit of the horn in action...

• Thanks 2

Pullstart

I kinda halfway almost recognize this one!

8F58B5CF-D88E-4A33-A3DD-136C417EC686.jpeg.7c306c1dbf5742dd9b843105835e411f.jpeg

As for train horns, have any room for a compressor?

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

That's one of my older brothers... identical twins. They were my gas engine pit crew in case my electric failed me... I had tow straps ready to go... :hide:

Horn - I went simple... never know. May upgrade as I expand the train... Several more nieces / nephews have little ones in the pipeline, so i'm looking to either add cars to the train or go with another whole train... decisions decisions... :eusa-think:

Problem going longer is turning around in the street... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

That's one of my... identical twins.

:angry-nono:

I see different engines and different fender pans… :lol:

7536E84C-5C1D-433F-A548-F7B537D91D4F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Good Eye!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Evguy
On 12/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Winter report on battery usage:

Just finished first plowing with the E-141.

Two driveways. About 3" total snow on frozen slop with hard pack drifts 12-24".

5 degrees with -17 degree windchill. 

No chains no added weight.

69% remaining on batteries after 45 minutes plowing. Two driveways... flat concrete.

17A16BF9-4845-4A9E-B015-B4AFE73A1B83.jpeg

B48A8535-BD45-4DF0-BDC5-DD0CEB6C1752.jpeg

I’m thinking my lithium battery powered 1800 wouldn’t fare as well, gave some thought to putting snowblower on it and see how it works 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Plowing with the E-141 and all of a sudden it starts screaming a blood curdling high screech from belt / pulley area... way loud... :scared-eek:

Pop off the belt guard and find the belt had somehow jumped UNDER the belt guide!!! Now mind you this is physically shall we say not likely. I had to really pull to get it back on top the guide where it belongs...

First photo as I found it. Second photo correct routing...

Plowed 4 drives today no issues...

D020B4B7-0F49-4AA1-A19C-DBD74B9DDEBD.jpeg

BEAF8290-4BDA-443B-8C58-0B7849DDEEA9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Rick3478

I've had that happen before.  In your case you noticed it right away.  I think I may have run a 314 that way for a couple years.  All it takes is for the belt to grab a twig or chunk of ice and drag it through the guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Does that have a Kevlar belt or rubber belt?

SylvanLakeWH

I think rubber...? It seems to be original...  :eusa-think:

sgtsampay

I know this is an older thread, but what attachments can the E-141 uses? I don't see how it can use a tiller or snowblower do to a lack of side PTO. 

How does the mower deck route by chance? Thank you for your time. 

SylvanLakeWH

Hi!

It's basically a C series Black Hood frame and transmission with an electric 36 v motor and space for six 12 volt batteries. I run with three.

No pto from motor. There is an electric pto plug that can run mower deck (3 separate motors one for each blade) and deck hooks up same as any with mid tach o matic. Also others like a chain saw, but i have never seen any other attachments for it for sale...

Same front plow blade as my C105 hooks right up. Plows very well.

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_1752.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

sgtsampay

Oh, ok. I understand now. I didn't realize that the mower deck had electric motors on it. That's why I didn't see a PTO anywhere/. Thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Is this the machine you want to plow with?  Is anything hooked to the lift arm?

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Is this the machine you want to plow with?  Is anything hooked to the lift arm?

No nothing is hooked. It was used for deck and now the front blade but that will be removed in March...

Probably use this one:

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2461.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Just out of curiosity, what sort of "work" were these electric tractors expected to be able to do? Mowing and plowing would be obvious but what else?

Are these pretty much capable of anything that doesn't require a PTO? Just maybe for a shorter time period?

SylvanLakeWH

Pulling, mowing, plowing, snow removal, and has a plug for remote power tools (chain saw etc.) but i have never seen one of those... It is a C-1xx with an electric motor...

Ive never drained it completely, but definitely shorter term use... and infinitely longer fill ups!

I'm running both my E-141's on three 12 v deep cells in series. They come standard with 6. 36 v system. So i'm at 50% but way more than i need for pulling the train, mowing, plowing snow...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I have parted out a C series tractor with a rock shaft.  The rock shaft makes lifting easier but doesn’t necessarily lift as high.  Gear reduction… same input throw equals less output travel.  It’s in the outside not really considered junk but not not considered junk pile if you feel like getting to the plow day early and playing with it, or having it shipped to you for your convenience.  I am short on road sign hardware, so you’ll have to come up with that material yourself if needed :hide:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1