Sign in to follow this  
Bow_Extreme

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

Bow_Extreme

Well, if I had to guess we've had 10" plus of rain in the last 2 hours or so. The power went out less than half way thru and the basement backed up to about 8 inches. In my good fortune my neighbor behind me had 2 Honda generators on the shelf. So in the last hour I've been able to hook the sump pump up to it and pump the water out of the basement. Now it's just keeping up. I haven't seen flooding like this since 1985 and I was just a young kid than. Hopefully the power will be restored soon so I can get some sleep. I'm curreently monitoring the generator and the sump pump until it needs some more go juice. It seems to be sipping fuel though so that's good. I will just keep :thumbs2: .

Coadster32

Good luck!

KyBlue

Generators are sure handy to have!!!

Hope they get the power back on for ya soon!

BadDad

Here in Texas our lake is 23ft low on water. They have told us that this is the worst in 25 years. I don't get to mow much but I have a lot of nice days to work on my tractors. Hope you dry out soon.

Sparky

Sounds like you have great neighbor. Good luck.

Mike......

Bow_Extreme

This little Honda sips fuel, not like the 8500 unit I use for bowfishing tournaments. Well, still no power yet. We just emptyed the fridge and freezer into coolers hoping to ice pack them and keep everything cold for a bit. The basement is beginning to dry out now. The sump pump is kicking on every 4 minutes now instead of running constantly. Were still ahead of everything for now.

DOC in Kentucky

Good Luck and out of curiosity where are you located?

HorseFixer

Doc Bow lives in Holland, Mi about 82 miles north of me in Niles and about 92 miles north of South Bend.

Bow we were pretty lucky not to get all of that rain, but we did get high winds in South Bend alot of trees down.

oldandred

nobody know what its like to live with power now days but when it goes out they go nuts we have been with out for up too eleven days in two years and four or five day in other times it seems that every body around us get theres back before we do may because we are on a deadend street only eight houses Good thing my gen can run every thing in the house even the hot water as I dont like cold showers

hope yours is back on by now Bow _ extreme

Rollerman

"BE"....hope the power is up & going for you.

Maybe Pat was up to help out?

Last winter when the ground was still froze we had a bunch of rain down here in IN.

No where for it to go but in the basement.

I remember finding 4' of water in the basement when I went to check out the water heater.

We never lost power but the boys "airsoft gun" pellets had jammed up the impeller in the sump pump. <_<

That was a creepy feeling walking around waist deep in the basment, cold water & feeling around for the sump pump in the dark. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

I live east of you bow,probally250,300 miles in ontario,we have had a lot of rain here this year also,and not very warm have not even un covered the c entral air conditioner yet. :thumbs2:

Bow_Extreme

Updates, thanks for all the comments guys!! Power was restored around lunch time and the basement is still drying out. It's pretty wet down there yet. The power surges last night killed the main circuit board in my furnace so now without hot wiring the fan the air conditioning will not function but could be worse. The surges also took out the Onkyo stereo receiver I have. Oh well, like I said it could be worse. The sides of my driveway pretty much washed away into the centers of my yards on either side of my driveway. I have to clean-up that mess yet. For the first time my neighbor called me and asked for my help today with his plumbing business. He sent me on a service call to put in a new sump pump. Boy was I in for a surprise when I arrived at that site. They had 2 feet or more of water surronding their house, water pouring into the basement, 5 sump pumps running, 1 large trash pump running, and sandbags everywhere. I guess there was 4 feet of water earlier in the day. Needless to say the gentleman would not listen to my recommendations nor my neighbors recommendations on how to get the water out and permantley keep it out. All in all it's been a very long 2 days with roughly 4 hours total of sleep.