c-series don

My new to me 17hr LSE signed by Cecil Pond

Sparky

Wow, just wow! 
  Beautiful machine and great story. No doubt in my mind you will treat that 420 the way Mark did :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6

stevasaurus

I've got tears in my eyes...just excellent!!  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 5

stevebo

That is a great story. Glade to see you are the caretaker of that nice machine now. At some point we will all pass these machines along. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Handy Don

We are all just temporary custodians of our stuff.

Extremely glad to see this tractor go from good hands to good hands.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

You know, the hoist table that the Horse is on is "THE PLACE" to show off that tractor.  Out Standing pictures Don.  :USA:

• Like 4

c-series don

Thank you guys for all your kind words. I honestly couldn’t be happier. This expense almost caused a divorce 😂😂 but luckily my wife understood how much this all means to me. @stevasaurus the lift table is also making my back happy doing any repairs or service work!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Snoopy11

image.jpeg.44fafc953d01783fc4068bfa99ce292e.jpeg

:wh: We are not worthy :wh:

Don

• Excellent 1

c-series don

Geez, I just did a full service on it and I honestly can’t believe that I own this tractor. I just keep looking at it and I’m so thankful this came to be. 

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 2

rmaynard

You lucky duck. What's the number on the plate?

Moparfanforever

Great story , great tractor !!

• Like 1

76c12091520h

After meeting and speaking with you at the show on Saturday, I have no doubt it went to the right home. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

Congrats on your acquisition Don!  Mark, thank you for taking such good care of such a cool piece of history…

• Like 1

520HC

Yeah great story, I also knew Mark and great Guy he was. I was there at the time Mr. Pond signed that tractor. Super piece of history. Glad to see someone get it that truly appreciates it, instead of some "flipper".

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Brockport Bill

Spectacular WH Tractor - but an even better story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't understand how it will fit under your pillow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

WheelhorseBob

Congratulations on one fine tractor! From what I can tell, it couldn’t have landed in a finer location. 

• Like 1

JoeM

has the wheel horse museum idea every get anywhere?

If so, that LSE should be in it!

Edited by JoeM
  • Like 2

dclarke

Don, very nice tractor and a great story. I'm glad you have it! 

• Like 1

rjg854

If ever there was a :wh: to drool over, that would definitely be one.

• Like 2

WHX??
13 hours ago, rmaynard said:

You lucky duck. What's the number on the plate?

:text-yeahthat:and whose name? Marks?

Truth be told I was never a LSE fan but I said that about Seniors once too. Now here I sit with one! Told myself if I had a LSE @Achto or the Hosen would want to stick it in the dirt!!

No doubt it has a good home and hope to drool on it in person at a BS.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Just out if curiosity Don does it have the orginal battery Don? I would be tempted to disconnect the hr meter and start it every now and then to keep things lubed. Those starts don't count as hours anyway. Thoughts on how to keep fresh gas in it or drain it out? Better ? Is what would a museum do? 

Edited by WHX??

c-series don

Okay I’ve got some questions to answer. It’s number 124 out of 200. The name plate on the hood is blank. The battery is not original, she put a brand new one in right before I bought it. I’ve since changed the engine oil, sucked out the old gas and ran it out of fuel. I couldn’t believe how long it ran on just the fuel in the line. I kept looking at the hour meter hoping it would run out of fuel 😂. Also serviced the transmission, pretty sure it hadn’t been done yet. Probably didn’t need it with only 17 hrs but I feel better knowing it’s had a complete service. Some of my friends that came to see it say that since I’m probably never going to sell it I should get the hood plate engraved with my name. I’m not sure about that? It wasn’t specifically built for me I know so I have mixed emotions about that. What do you guys think? 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

I’m thinking either left blank, or Mark’s name in his honor.  Then again, it’s not in my garage to make that call.  

• Like 2

76c12091520h
55 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Okay I’ve got some questions to answer. It’s number 124 out of 200. The name plate on the hood is blank. The battery is not original, she put a brand new one in right before I bought it. I’ve since changed the engine oil, sucked out the old gas and ran it out of fuel. I couldn’t believe how long it ran on just the fuel in the line. I kept looking at the hour meter hoping it would run out of fuel 😂. Also serviced the transmission, pretty sure it hadn’t been done yet. Probably didn’t need it with only 17 hrs but I feel better knowing it’s had a complete service. Some of my friends that came to see it say that since I’m probably never going to sell it I should get the hood plate engraved with my name. I’m not sure about that? It wasn’t specifically built for me I know so I have mixed emotions about that. What do you guys think? 

Make a second exact reproduction plate to your liking, save the original. No harm / no foul. I would think something like this would be within the capabilities of a local trophy shop.

Edited by 76c12091520h
  • Like 6