Maxwell-8

California’s New Motor Law

Snoopy11

:handgestures-thumbdown:

Edited by Snoopy11

stevasaurus

If possible, it might be nice to post where we can go to actually read the law, so we know what we are talking about and we are really informed.  :USA: 

wallfish
3 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

post where we can go to actually read the law

I'd rather go out and buy insurance :ychain:

• Haha 3

stevasaurus

OK, all the guys that don't know what they are talking about...stand over here.  :hilarious:   

• Haha 2

squonk

I find it quite disingenuous when guys have to keep editing posts to cover their tracks when they step over the line. :(

• Heart 3

stevasaurus

I read the law in about 5 minutes...takes 6+ minutes to listen to a video from someone with no credentials just telling you what to think.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Stormin

Isn't that law referring to new equipment?

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Yes, after 2024...but they have a board looking over it all.

1995 520H+96+97

There are tractors , and cars already converted to electric.

• Heart 3

ACman
3 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

What is everyone going to do with their Wheel Horses? ...and such?

@Maxwell-8 says, "PLEASE KEEP THE POLITICS AWAY FROM THIS TOPIC" 

:text-yeahthat:

Did I say amen???

Wasn't it @squonk who said, "let's keep butt-hurt politics out of a good thread!"

Don

sure wasn’t what I read a couple hours ago . I admit to editing my first post but all I said was I was going to Cali to sell my horses .

Snoopy11

@squonk:

I find it quite disingenuous when guys have to keep editing posts to cover their tracks when they step over the line. :(

Perhaps a bit antagonistic...? :confusion-confused:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11

BOB ELLISON

Everything is going electric so it's no surprise that this is here now. There is a summit meeting this weekend on climate change that Biden is attending. The only thing that puzzles me is if everything's electric where is all the electric coming from especially in the summer.

My electric company ask me to conserve electricity because of high demand in the hot months :eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH

I think we all agree - Let's just keep our :wh:'s running... forever...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 4

Snoopy11

Edited by Snoopy11

Snoopy11

Edited by Snoopy11

Snoopy11
29 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I think we all agree - Let's just keep our :wh:'s running... forever...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Yep, that is all that matters here.

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11

Guys, I don't know about you... but I am abandoning this thread. I don't want to... but I don't like the attitudes/energy here. A couple of us guys here can't force productive rhetoric. I have better things to do.

Thanks @Maxwell-8... good intentions... but not a place, nor many of the people who are mature enough.

Some of you guys need to go sign up for a friggin' facebook account where you can antagonize all you want. I see why @nylyon Karl does not want political posts.

Don

• Like 1

Handy Don
24 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Everything is going electric so it's no surprise that this is here now. There is a summit meeting this weekend on climate change that Biden is attending. The only thing that puzzles me is if everything's electric where is all the electric coming from especially in the summer.

My electric company ask me to conserve electricity because of high demand in the hot months :eusa-think:

A very good question!

Generation and transmission infrastructure (electricity transmission, that is, not 8-speed or hydro) is not nearly robust enough nor are there plans to make it so, yet. These are among the many challenges to be dealt with here in the US and everywhere else in the world. China just committed to growing their generation using coal by 20%.

Wired and Atlantic magazines, among others, have had so insightful and fact-laden articles about this very topic and its juxtaposition with climate change.

johnnymag3

Its time to run Jim Kemp pipes on EVERYTHING !!!!!

I just want to hear our Horses heartbeat !!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
13 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Its time to run Jim Kemp pipes on EVERYTHING !!!!!

I just want to hear our Horses heartbeat !!!

Don

SPINJIM

In the east, much of electricity is produced by coal burning generator plants.  So how are electric cars saving the environment?   I'm in favor of more efficient gasoline engines in both cars and small engines.  That's why most outboard engines are now four-stroke instead of two-stroke.  Nothing political here, just common sense.

Jim

• Excellent 2

ACman
1 hour ago, Snoopy11 said:

Yep, everything I said earlier is still in this thread. I don't believe that I have edited out anything. I edited 2 of mine to add content...

‘Oh sorry my bad hard to edit a deleted post do to what was posted . I know what exactly what I read and it’s gone . It wasn’t one of your now edited :handgestures-thumbdown: either. Can’t post my screenshot of it or I’ll be banned for actually showing the TRUTH ! Thanks Karl for doing a terrific job with this forum . I’ll just ban myself for a week as I have way bigger issues to deal with like keeping my lights on thanks to dumb politicians. 

Unfortunately fellas electric coming and there’s nothing we can do about it . There’s always going to be a need for non renewable resources but we need to change our ways to save them for our future and planet . 

• Haha 1

953 nut

For better or worse it seems that California Legislators have a way of passing laws that work their way east. If this becomes law the value of our beloved :wh: will increase because they will be the only gas powered equipment left once today's Big Box Store mowers have fallen apart.  :ychain:

I did find it interesting that the State is considering rebates and incentives for "Commercial" lawn equipment users, why not homeowners too?

Consistent with the regulations adopted pursuant to this section and relevant state law, the state board shall identify, and, to the extent feasible, make available, funding for commercial rebates or similar incentive funding as part of any updates to existing, applicable funding program guidelines for districts to implement to support the transition to zero-emission small off-road equipment operations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Image result for zipped lip pics

• Excellent 2