Jennifer

Has been awhile! Going on a long road trip!

Moparfanforever
On 10/24/2021 at 4:17 PM, Jennifer said:

Is there any chance anyone has this part for sell?????

A65B749D-DC29-4EED-8005-DF8CCA1D3B93.jpeg

Is that a part to hook up the tiller you bought?? Curious how that would work, looks like it is behind the belt guard and works with the clutch pulley  ??

Love your signs !!

Handy Don
On 10/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jennifer said:

Is there any chance anyone has this part for sell?????

A65B749D-DC29-4EED-8005-DF8CCA1D3B93.jpeg

I could see a part like that being involved in getting a belt to a rear tiller, but I don't see why would be placed there or engage with the drive pulley. Maybe the belt was too long and the owner wanted to keep the belt from hitting the guard and keep the clutch arm from hitting the top of the guard? @Pullstart , you posted an image of Putt Putt with a rear tiller--got any ideas on this gadget?

Jennifer
4 hours ago, Moparfanforever said:

Is that a part to hook up the tiller you bought?? Curious how that would work, looks like it is behind the belt guard and works with the clutch pulley  ??

Love your signs !!

Was informed I NEED this part to slow the tractor speed down…. 854 doesn’t have a slow enough gear to till…. The tiller was made fir 6 or 8 speeds best we have learned, witch would have low side!  Part is called an SR-64 speed reduction.  

C743AB89-C54F-44EB-8EB9-5BE82168B392.jpeg

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wh500special
On 10/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, Jennifer said:

310 miles and just crossed into honest Abe birth state!

6AFDB25C-C16A-4DB8-8DD8-CD350560B9F7.jpeg

I’m glad you were able to visit our great state, but would be remiss if I didn’t remind you that ol’ Abe was born in Kentucky, spent his youth in Indiana, and then cultivated his reputation here.  We are proud to claim him as our own though. 

Looks like you had a nice trip!

steve 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wh500special

Oops. 

Edited by wh500special
Duplicate post
  • Like 1

Jennifer
11 hours ago, wh500special said:

Oops. 

Thanks for the history lesson lol… my bad! 😂🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Handy Don
12 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Was informed I NEED this part to slow the tractor speed down…. 854 doesn’t have a slow enough gear to till…. The tiller was made fir 6 or 8 speeds best we have learned, witch would have low side!  Part is called an SR-64 speed reduction.  

C743AB89-C54F-44EB-8EB9-5BE82168B392.jpeg

Aha! Learn something new every day (I hope).

So they change the transmission pulley to 7.5", use a longer belt and this idler bracket, and also a new belt cover (to fit over the bigger trans pulley). Result is a 3-speed running as if it was in low range of a six speed. The low range lets it have more oomph for the tough pulls (but it'll take a lot longer to drive out to the "back 40" :lol:).

@Pullstart, did you do this to the round hoods you plow with?

• Like 2

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Aha! Learn something new every day (I hope).

So they change the transmission pulley to 7.5", use a longer belt and this idler bracket, and also a new belt cover (to fit over the bigger trans pulley). Result is a 3-speed running as if it was in low range of a six speed. The low range lets it have more oomph for the tough pulls (but it'll take a lot longer to drive out to the "back 40" :lol:).

@Pullstart, did you do this to the round hoods you plow with?

I stuck an 8 speed in Putt Putt, so there’s always that route… :handgestures-thumbupright:  the C series 8 speed doesn’t allow me to use a parking brake (which is ok on my flat land) but I do have a 6 speed waiting to swap in some day.

• Like 2