Bob Lister

Hello from Cape Cod

Handy Don

Glad to have you aboard, Bob. Welcome to the forum. Especially pleased that you've found and are using the files that members have carefully curated.

You might want to try out that search box with "312-A" or other terms that interest you as a way to start browsing around the many threads and get a feel for the place.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Welcome. Good to have you aboard, especially with your body shop knowledge. Can you tell I welcome all the help I can get when it comes to body work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  sounds like you’ve got these tractors and the site figured out, except you do realize they tend to multiply right?  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 7

Bob Lister

I know how they multiply I forgot to mention I have two 64 Simplicity Broadmoors also. One is almost done being restored the other didn't have to give up many parts so will probably sell that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Razorback

Hi! Welcome!

This has been the best site full of people who are willing to help. They helped me locate a no-motion problem with my WH just in the last few days. And, when I first encountered my 1974 C160, they pointed me to a wiring diagram that helped me find a problem with the PTO lever safety switch.

Great bunch of people!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

7 hours ago, Bob Lister said:

I have two 64 Simplicity Broadmoors

Nice!! '64 was the only year that Simplicity sported a black dash.

Care to share a few pictures of your 312A with us?

• Like 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, Bob Lister said:

I mowed my lawn with it today and am ready to negotiate a purchase as I love this thing

You probably could have negotiated a much better price before you got it running and fell in love with it.   :ychain: We have quite a few members in New England, chances are you will get to know them if you attend some tractor shows.

• Like 2

Bob Lister
38 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

You probably could have negotiated a much better price before you got it running and fell in love with it.   :ychain: We have quite a few members in New England, chances are you will get to know them if you attend some tractor shows.

We have been friends for many years so not worried about that. If I asked he would probably give it to me but I would rather be square with him too.   As it came to me it was a non runner that the engine wouldn't turn. I spent a little over a hundred to get it up and running so was thinking of offering him $300.00 and my old Craftsman YTD 4000.  The 312 A has 1100 hrs.  Am I in the ballpark?

Handy Don

Sensible asking prices for an arms-length sale of a clean running 312-A with 1100 hours and a deck around here would be 400-650 with cosmetics (and a bit of optimism) being the differentiators. Depending on circumstances of buyer and seller, the final price would be 350-500--most likely at the lower end.

Your offer would be generous, but an excellent investment in neighborliness. :)

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

We have quite a few members in New England, chances are you will get to know them if you attend some tractor shows

@Bob Lister

Welcome to Redsquare.

If you have any interest in going to a meet and greet we have one coming up in Southwest Connecticut next week. I have one up in Maine here in november. @JCM Jim has an annual one here in Southern Maine in September every year. We are looking at having some sort of meet and greet in north central Massachusetts in the spring. Somewhere around Royalston or Winchendon, thereabouts.

• Like 2

Herder

:WRS:   And I love Cape Cod...

• Like 1

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, Herder said:

love Cape Cod

Yepp. I haven't been in a while and a half now. 

Still have family down there. 

I stick to the mountains of Maine now. 

When I were a young'un I stayed in West Yarmouth. 

Right near The Barefoot Trader.  

There's a store only an old one would remember..

• Like 2

Bob Lister
34 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yepp. I haven't been in a while and a half now. 

Still have family down there. 

I stick to the mountains of Maine now. 

When I were a young'un I stayed in West Yarmouth. 

Right near The Barefoot Trader.  

There's a store only an old one would remember..

I remember going to the Bare Foot Trader with mom when much younger. It is a thrift shop now.  I go rowing a few times a week just down the street from there at Englewood Beach.

I have a couple rowing races coming up in Nov. what date is your meet and greet?

My sister had a place near you in Effingham back in the late 70's early 80's.  

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Bob Lister said:

in Nov. what date is your meet and greet?

Here's the thread. It's November 13th. 

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Bob Lister

I am a 70 year old semi computer literate user.  I have a new to me laptop donated by a deceased Mother In Law bless her heart. I just downloaded pics from my phone and they seem large in my computer.  Not sure if they will be resized when posting so taking a shot

phone pics 713.JPG

phone pics 711.JPG

• Like 5

Bob Lister

Seemed to work. Sometimes we get lucky I guess

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bob Lister

One other update.  when I got most of the issues fixed on this tractor I told my buddy I liked It and wanted to keep it and asked how much for it.  He said keep it glad to see someone that will enjoy it.   Have faith in your fellow man.  I am going to sell my Craftsman YTD 4000 and give him whatever I get for it.

• Excellent 3

Bob Lister

Ebinmaine Just curious how your weekend get together when?

ebinmaine

Excellent Sir!

I posted a few pics in the thread. 

We had a good showing of tractors and @Stepney brought some awesome old steam toys.   

Great food. Great folks!!

• Like 1

Bob Lister

Good to hear we had a great time at our rowing race the all girl crew of rookies finished mid pack. Not too bad

phone pics 714.JPG

phone pics 715.JPG

• Like 4

Handy Don

Seemed to work. Sometimes we get lucky I guess

The way this forum handles images is quite good.

Just remember that when you are creating or editing one of your own posts, you can double-click an image to adjust its size

• Like 1

Handy Don

Good to hear we had a great time at our rowing race the all girl crew of rookies finished mid pack. Not too bad

Some lovely boats there. Any from Lowell Boats?

• Like 1