engineguy63

Original Tires ?????

engineguy63

Hey Guys, A fellow collector was looking at my very tired out RJ, and mentioned he believed these tires were the originals that came with my tractor, there pretty cracked, but, holding 20 psi for a few hours now ....so well see. would you folks agree these are originals........if so, will put tubes under them if I have to in order to save them.

image_72192707 (1).JPG

engineguy63

Thinking flat CREME, or flat  BLACK, for rims and seat...........the rest will stay as is .     ( at least thats the current thought !)

rj58.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

I think not original...sorry.  They look nice on the RJ though.  I think this is original...

100_0055.jpg

These may not be original, but I believe this is what they would look like.

Gregor

Took this pic at the Atkinson IL. show in Sept. Would these be original on an RJ?

296300118_rjjj(2).jpg.74fbc33a5bd5dce4849ebb2ad34cfa3f.jpg

• Sad 1

slim67
22 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Took this pic at the Atkinson IL. show in Sept. Would these be original on an RJ?

296300118_rjjj(2).jpg.74fbc33a5bd5dce4849ebb2ad34cfa3f.jpg

Those look like a pattern I’ve seen on walk behind tractors. I had a nice pair but they were 5-12s.

squonk

Original would be 6-12 AG'S or Diamond Pattern turfs.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

Those look like ground drive tires for hay rakes unpowered Sickle bars etc.  If you still have them i would like to get them for my New Idea hay rake...

953 nut
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Original would be 6-12 AG'S or Diamond Pattern turfs.

:text-yeahthat:        Your front tires do look like they are correct for '58.  Those tired old turfs are probably from '64 or later. After the Diamond turfs stopped being used they went to the "Suburban" tire,

engineguy63

Appreciate all the info......I guess they might not be original, but, I bet they been on there a good long time !!!   LOL,  My front tires are totally junk...and I hate the thought of putting a set of NEW tires on an old unrestored "rat" tractor so, Anybody got any tires for the front laying around that I can pick up from you?? They dont have to be great, They will get a tube so even if there not good enough for your restored beauty.......Probably good enough for mine !!!   LOL      If anybody can help me out please get in touch with me TKS !!

AMC RULES
15 hours ago, engineguy63 said:

Thinking flat CREME, or flat  BLACK, for rims and seat...........the rest will stay as is .     ( at least thats the current thought !)

rj58.jpg

You'll find the GLOSS antique white, or black will look 10x better on your finished project. 

• Like 3