echris

Hey Bill D

echris

@Bill D

I saw this video the other night and thought you'd like it. Choo Choo Trains - Close Up and Very Personal. As it turns out, that's the actual title of the VHS tape. Ha!

Fun video to watch for anyone who appreciates old iron.

(I must take exception to the fact that there are some diesel-electrics in there, simply because that cannot go, "Choo choo". :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bill D

If you like watching train videos, check out 1990s Railfan.  Lots of neat old videos of the FL9's that used to run on the Hudson Line.  Worth watching for us locals.

19 hours ago, echris said:

@Bill D

I saw this video the other night and thought you'd like it. Choo Choo Trains - Close Up and Very Personal. As it turns out, that's the actual title of the VHS tape. Ha!

Fun video to watch for anyone who appreciates old iron.

(I must take exception to the fact that there are some diesel-electrics in there, simply because that cannot go, "Choo choo". :lol:

• Thanks 1

Brockport Bill

considering the history of trains in Dutchess County NY thats pretty cool -- plus, I still have my Lionels set

• Like 1

Handy Don
6 hours ago, Bill D said:

If you like watching train videos, check out 1990s Railfan.  Lots of neat old videos of the FL9's that used to run on the Hudson Line.  Worth watching for us locals.

If you are curious, MetroNorth at one time had a retired FL9 tucked away at the Harmon Repair shop. They haven't had their open house for a couple of years now (Covid and big time construction over there) so I don't know its current status.

Bill D
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

If you are curious, MetroNorth at one time had a retired FL9 tucked away at the Harmon Repair shop. They haven't had their open house for a couple of years now (Covid and big time construction over there) so I don't know its current status.

I believe that unit was sold.  It was numbered 2012, and painted in NYC colors.  I last saw it in the Croton West Yard waiting to be towed by CSX.  Not sure if it went for scrap, or to a museum.  I ran a couple F units early in my career.  Lots of fun to run a piece of history.