ebinmaine

Because sometimes you need a little direction

ebinmaine

Trina and I have names for a lot of the paths in the forest based on something that was or is there.

We've been thinking about putting up signs for a little while. Basically to get a laugh out of friends when they come over to go for a walk in the forest.

As we go year to year expanding the areas that we pull firewood we create loops or extend existing pathways.

For this year's meet and greet we took some time and did that a little more. 

We also took the time to make up a map. 

Today, she made up some signs.

I figured some of you clowns, twisted folk, and general 5-year-olds would get a kick out of this...

1634043826387_Screenshot paths.png

IMG_20211012_170646.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

squonk

No Squonks in them thar woods? :confusion-confused:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Wayyy too much time on yer hands.... just sayin... :lol:

Actually shouldn't throw stones I have a few of mine named... no signs tho.....  County B (got stung by a bee once there) dump road (used to be a dump there) .... 

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, squonk said:

No Squonks in them thar woods? :confusion-confused:

None sighted yet sir but I remain hopeful and vigilant.

There are several stands of hemlock trees so it is most certainly a possibility. 

Oldskool

Holy crap!!! Does that girl ever sleep?? You need to give her decaff.

• Haha 3

echris

OK, now here's a funny one that you may, or may not know about. Porcupine Tree is a British progressive rock band, and one of my favorite modern-ish groups. Seriously. :lol:

Nice!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Holy crap!!! Does that girl ever sleep?? You need to give her decaff.

Yeah she already drinks "half caff". 

Her with a cup of my cowboy coffee is..... Interesting.   

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, echris said:

OK, now here's a funny one that you may, or may not know about. Porcupine Tree is a British progressive rock band, and one of my favorite modern-ish groups. Seriously. :lol:

Nice!

Our Porcupine tree is so named ... Because it had a porcupine in it....

I know I know I know. Crazy huh???

• Haha 1

echris
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Our Porcupine tree is so named ... Because it had a porcupine in it....

I know I know I know. Crazy huh???

Hahahaha, I took my kids to a local "zoo" some years back (Trevor Zoo, in Millbrook, NY).

There was a porcupine.

In a tree.

I took a pic and sent it to my brother-in-law who is a fellow fan. We'd never considered it an actual thing that can happen. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

echris
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah she already drinks "half caff". 

Her with a cup of my cowboy coffee is..... Interesting.   

Cowboy coffee as in don't leave the spoon in it because it will dissolve, cowboy coffee? If so, I'm in!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, echris said:

Cowboy coffee as in don't leave the spoon in it because it will dissolve, cowboy coffee? If so, I'm in!

You stop by. Anytime. 

Louis Lamour used to write that western cowboy knew the coffee was about done when you could float a horseshoe on it....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You stop by. Anytime. 

Louis Lamour used to write that western cowboy knew the coffee was about done when you could float a horseshoe on it....

I'll just comment here that, having had his coffee, the horseshoe wasn't floating, but it was standing up straight. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JoeM

That map looks "Intestinal"

Pretty cool! 

• Haha 3

echris
9 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I'll just comment here that, having had his coffee, the horseshoe wasn't floating, but it was standing up straight. :)

We used to joke about my grandpas coffee like that. But man, I loved that percolated 12 scoops instead of 4 coffee. :lol:

Edited by echris
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, echris said:

We used to joke about my grandpas coffee like that. But man, I loved that percolated 12 scoops instead of 4 coffee. :lol:

Because that's coffee . Not ridiculous brown Water. 

In all seriousness, I boil mine because it's sweeter than perc'd. 

There's a residue left on the inside of the pan after boiling. That's some of the bitter oils settling out.  

• Like 2

roadapples

My grandmother used to make coffee like that. Didn't need a cup, it was strong enough to stand up by itself. Practically had to chew it....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, roadapples said:

My grandmother used to make coffee like that. Didn't need a cup, it was strong enough to stand up by itself. Practically had to chew it....

Best. Coffee. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Someday EB, Imma’ knock on your door after a long drive and respectfully request (after that long of a drive it might sound like a demand) some CC from EB.  Sounds delicious! 

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Pullhosen’s Pony Express said:

Someday EB, Imma’ knock on your door after a long drive and respectfully request (after that long of a drive it might sound like a demand) some CC from EB.  Sounds delicious! 

You show up after a long drive and all you got to do is grunt. I'll know what you're after.

Absolutely anytime brother man.

We got plenty of driveway to park whatever you're driving. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

grunt

That’s language choice number 1 for me!  Might not be a bear, but still have the primal urges of one!

• Haha 1

Stormin

Carols late father made me a cup of coffee, and the only one, not long after we started dating. That was like bitter mud. I knew then didn't approve of me. He did change his opinion, though it took years. He shook my hand once. The day before he died. :D

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
3 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Carols late father made me a cup of coffee, and the only one, not long after we started dating. That was like bitter mud. I knew then didn't approve of me. He did change his opinion, though it took years. He shook my hand once. The day before he died. :D

Having now been on both sides of the "approval" process, I can much better appreciate the parental cautious reaction to me as an unknown quantity college student getting serious with the well groomed, top student daughter.

I'm glad you got that handshake.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Before I married Chris, her Mom had passed away.  I was with her that night.  Anyway, after a couple of years, her Dad and I would sit in the Legion in Huntley and sip DAB's (German bier) all afternoon.  I was 19.  Chris would call us from home and say dinner was ready come on.  We would have another DAB and then go home.  You have to train them right...he would say.  

Must have worked...still with her after 52 years.  I'm pretty much on time anymore...it's the kids that are always late.  Coffee??  We were in the Navy, always had coffee and it was strong.  :USA:  In the Navy, coffee is a way of life.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

echris
On 10/12/2021 at 7:42 PM, echris said:

Hahahaha, I took my kids to a local "zoo" some years back (Trevor Zoo, in Millbrook, NY).

There was a porcupine.

In a tree.

I took a pic and sent it to my brother-in-law who is a fellow fan. We'd never considered it an actual thing that can happen. :lol:

I accidentally came across the pic of the porcupine in the tree the other day. :lol:

Hey EB, I hear you have one of those too.

1836594881_TrevorZoo-PorcupineTree.jpg.f2d0d848d8be30f8bcb5bd662b7b66c4.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Me thinks that is EB Chris.... :lol:

• Haha 3