oldlineman

Need a little tranny help

oldlineman

Up date, 1989 414-8 lives again! Got it together today and it works great, thanks for all the help. One more question, I installed new oil seals and the one for the input shaft went in a little funny. I will watch it for signs of leaking but was wondering what the correct part # is for this seal? I will get one or two to have on hand incase it starts leaking.Maybe I can get it at NAPA, not a hard fix, can be done from the outside. Tranny is a 5091. Thanks again. Bob

Tuneup

No answer to your question but the gang will be along any time now. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! There is nothing like a deep repair to make you feel like that tractor is truly yours. You can't really 'own' something mechanical unless you take it apart to get to know it. Maybe that's just me but there is much less mystery in your head now when it comes to that trans. As for parts, if you can get it anywhere other than Toro, you'll save lots of dollars. Great tractor. Be sure to include it in your will. :)

• Like 1

oldlineman

Thank you Tuneup, just what you said.I have owned them for 42 years, first time in a tranny not that hard to do. Not sure where Jasper Ga. is but my daughter and family live in Jesup Ga., been there many times, mostly in the winter, too hot for me in the summer. Bob

oldlineman

I found the bearing and seal chart that Steve made up but was wondering what the NAPA # might be for that seal # 100442, SKF # 6105, Motion Ind. # 01321238 maybe NAPA can cross over or maybe they carry SKF seals, I will check. Thank All. Bob

stevasaurus

It's the Wheel Horse bearing and seal numbers that would not cross over to other manufacturers.  With the KOYO or SKF numbers you should be able to cross over to anyone.  Also, in those PDF's above, I included the Motion Industries catalog numbers...from there you can get the dimensions and a good idea of the cost.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

squonk

Napa uses the 6105 # Factory order

• Like 1

oldlineman

Thank you Squonk I ordered one from my local NAPA . Bob