Sign in to follow this  
peter lena

been using a mask for heavy pollen

peter lena

since using a paper mask while cutting , I  am no longer stuffed up and loaded with sneezing and coughing from related cutting issues. between the humidity and the possible dust up while cutting , my eyes were itchy , since changing to a facial wash , after cutting and using a mask , all related pollen issues have stopped . really simple just to mask up and wash down your face after cutting , every time I  DO NOT  do this ,I SINUS  UP  with related eye itching and sinus stuffing . just trying to stop a cutting related problem , works for me . pete 

• Like 7

Skwerl58

I started using a mask a few years ago for the same reason. It is amazing how much stuff flies around when you cut the grass. I started using a gater style mask last year and like it better than the  med style mask. My 414-8 with 42"sd deck throws lots of dust forward of the tractor. I have not been able to figure out a solution for this so I will wear a mask.

• Like 3

8ntruck

My neighbor uses a mask while he mows.  

When I'm finished mowing on a dusty day, I wonder why I did not wear a mask. 

• Like 1

peter lena

@8ntruck , simple as it sounds , this summer if I spend anytime out side , without a mask , I pay for it later with sinus and allergy like symptoms, rather defend against  it , than go thru hours of attempted recovery . have to experiment with what works best for you , pete   

JoeM
3 hours ago, Skwerl58 said:

It is amazing how much stuff flies around when you cut the grass

Yes, I find myself cutting sometimes when the grass is still a little damp, hard on the deck easy on me.