bc.gold

Will it run - Freebie

bc.gold

Not going to spend a bunch of money on this project, this mower has one thing going in its favor it's all metal and it was free.

spacer.png

• Like 2

bc.gold

As a favor tomorrow will be picking this older Deere up in Shoal Lake for transport to Sandy Lake for anther neighbor. She wants $400.00 for it but I'm sticking with my freebie.

spacer.png

• Like 2

R Scheer
5 hours ago, bc.gold said:

Not going to spend a bunch of money on this project, this mower has one thing going in its favor it's all metal and it was free.

spacer.png

And it's the right colour!

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Freebies are always the best...I just mowed the yard tonight with a Troy-Bilt Bronco that was a freebie. Friend of mine got mad at it after spending 500 bucks to have the deck rebuilt, only to find it throws the deck belt as soon as you kick in the pto if the deck is lower than the highest setting. It works great if the deck is all the way up, I honestly think they put too long of a belt on it when they rebuilt it. 

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
13 hours ago, bc.gold said:

As a favor tomorrow will be picking this older Deere up in Shoal Lake for transport to Sandy Lake for anther neighbor. She wants $400.00 for it but I'm sticking with my freebie.

spacer.png

I had one of these exact mower once that I got for free. I had to source another carb for it to make it run and then sold it. I didn't get rich, but I made a couple bucks, didn't get $400 for mine, but I guess yours is $400 Canadian, which converted to US dollars is pretty darn close to what I got.

bc.gold
7 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I had one of these exact mower once that I got for free. I had to source another carb for it to make it run and then sold it. I didn't get rich, but I made a couple bucks, didn't get $400 for mine, but I guess yours is $400 Canadian, which converted to US dollars is pretty darn close to what I got.

Yes that is Canadian dollars, she has had this mower up for sale this past summer without a buyer.

adsm08
20 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

Freebies are always the best...I just mowed the yard tonight with a Troy-Bilt Bronco that was a freebie. Friend of mine got mad at it after spending 500 bucks to have the deck rebuilt, only to find it throws the deck belt as soon as you kick in the pto if the deck is lower than the highest setting. It works great if the deck is all the way up, I honestly think they put too long of a belt on it when they rebuilt it. 

Make sure all the belt guides and snubbers are in place. It seems to me that the highest setting should be closest to the engine PTO, which means if that's the setting the belt doesn't kick on the belt being too long should be unlikely.

But that would also have the belt traveling in it's most level plane, so a missing guide would be missed the least there.

Edited by adsm08