Matash

1996 314h running rough

Matash

Has anyone had the issue were your mower would sputter or misfire when the mower hits a bump ? This thing has me stumped. I really dont like using my other mower cause it just sucks.   thanks Matt

20210917_164904.jpg

gvthnks

The only time that's happened to me, the float height was high and the bump caused the carb to flood over a little and the engine ran rich enough for a second or two to cough or sputter. 

I'd also check to make sure the kill wire coming from the coil isn't chafed on something and grounding out momentarily when you hit a bump.  This could also happen if a safety switch/interlock wire or switch was loose, chafed, or otherwise opening/closing when you hit that bump. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Matash agree with , @gvthnks  on a chaffed wire possibility , irony of this is that the  bump is almost showing you the way ! go over all your connections , look for corrosion as well as tight wires against a corner or possible wear point. maybe you can get it to , sputter while doing a wire movement tight spot. could be related to your seat safety switch , hit a bump , your weight makes the seat bounce enough to create a cut off . also check your fuses for corrosion . think its a simple fix , pete   

gwest_ca

Matash

Thank you guys for the fast reply.  Im going to look at that stuff again tomorrow after work.   gvthnks Ive been messing around with the float too. ill recheck it . also my seat saftey has been bypassed and i checked it today too but ill go over it again. thank you for the file gwest-ca too .   ill update soon guys thanks again

• Like 2