upstateyankee50

charger 10 carb issues

upstateyankee50

again I want to thank everyone for there in put on the charger 10 as I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions ;today again I bought a new spark plug and still nothing even with priming the carb as I started it but still a no go 'the fuel bowl was full but during the starting I heard a strange sound as first I thought it was the starter but listening more it sounding more from the bottom so again I removed the head and again noticed 2 head gaskets why 2 where they should be only one ;but during the test I spun the fly wheel by hand and watched both the piston coming up plus both valves which worked as they should ;then I removed all of the black carbon that was on the top of the piston and the valves plus cleaning the sides of the cylinder the best that I could do as not to damage the electronic ignition as getting it wet might mess it up ;still as most say even with a brand new carb and a rebuilt one it should at least fired up but it wouldn't  again the sound that I heard wasn't a good sign ;and yes the piston bore was as smooth as it could be ;really odd that the horse always started and never let me down before ;again in this area there are not to many small engine repair shops any more as most have shut down to the darn so call virus ;bedsides  the 2 that are open want 85 an hour and being on a fixed income there is no way that I can Offord that as they will milk it ;sad that today I went to the store for a loft of bread as it was 99 cents but now a buck 60 ;when is this greed going to stop even gas and power bills 'and items at the store 'it is just most jump on the band wagon and screw us over 'I retired after 40 years of trucking 48 state and Canada 'gone for weeks at a time to support my family I walked away after my youngest daughter was killed by a drunk driver I couldn't handle the road any more ;but now at the age of 71 with the years I have drove through so many snow storms plus no accidents or roll over even pulling doubles and triples and more no company will even think to hire me as 5 years ago I had a heart attack plus having cataract surgery and the lost of one eye so I try to make ends meet with my family ;so back to colleting the horses which passes my time ;again if any one really knows where I can go to fix this issues  again thanks everyone 

Gregor

Again, I would at least try the starting fluid. You have nothing to lose at this point. You cannot fix a problem, if you don't know what the problem is.

• Like 1

upstateyankee50
12 hours ago, Gregor said:

Again, I would at least try the starting fluid. You have nothing to lose at this point. You cannot fix a problem, if you don't know what the problem is.

that is very true as we can't fix something we are not sure is the problem and yes I have tried the starting fluid as well and still nothing so it will sit  thanks for the reply

pfrederi

Have you tried this basic spark test (b.)  Use some insulation to hold the wire you could get a real jolt:P

Capturetest.JPG