And here I thought I was "pushing the envelope"! :lol:

All in fun!  ;)

• Like 1

cafoose
7 hours ago, Gregor said:

I could probably drive to PA and take it off your hands

I'm already in PA and could be there in 4 hours :auto-layrubber::D

Handy Don

@Mike Van Eman, in case you haven't been following this forum for long, two things for a "new guy" to notice:

1. We are easily distracted and take well-meaning threads on all kinds of tangents

2. There is a lot of humor but it can take a while to get the hang of it (it sure did for me, anyway). Take the offers to take that unit off your hands, for example, as indications of how treasurable that model is and how interested the group will be in your getting it going and showing it off.

• Like 6

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti: beautiful tractor!

Your are to far from me to say I'll take it off your hands, so I'm looking forward to you getting it running and driving around.

Patience is the key to letting stuck things soak to free them up.  They didn't get stuck overnight, so it could take several nights for it to free up.

Who am I kidding, I'd drive day and night to bring that beauty back to Texas!

• Like 3

cafoose
25 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

@Mike Van Eman, in case you haven't been following this forum for long, two things for a "new guy" to notice:

1. We are easily distracted and take well-meaning threads on all kinds of tangents

2. There is a lot of humor but it can take a while to get the hang of it (it sure did for me, anyway). Take the offers to take that unit off your hands, for example, as indications of how treasurable that model is and how interested the group will be in your getting it going and showing it off.

I meant no harm in my comment "I'm already in PA and could be there in 4 hours" I was merely letting you know what a highly desirable tractor you have and I'm sure @Gregor feels the same way! Enjoy your tractor and above all take very good care of it. They are no longer made and becoming more rare especially in that condition. Don't paint it, preserve it, they are only original once and very difficult to return to that patina once painted!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Mike Van Eman

Not to worry my wife and I are enjoying the 15 minutes of fame this tractor has caused. And I know her dad & grandfather would have an appreciation for all of the offers and collectors saying how nice it is. Maybe we can meet at a show someday if I can get it running. I won't paint although it looks like someone did some touch up work - I see some paint splatter on the front tire that looks like it was from a sprayer. I'm only going to give it a gentle cleaning. 

Here are some implements that I think are for this tractor but if I'm wrong please correct me. The smaller cultivator may be from something else. There's also a harrow half buried in the field that I know has a broken lift mechanism. I'll try to get it dug out and a picture. 

PXL_20210829_180307056.jpg

PXL_20210829_182324648.jpg

PXL_20210829_182351561.jpg

• Like 7
  • Heart 1

Gregor
3 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

"of the oil that  leaked out of the Harley"

Harleys don't leak, they mark their spot. :auto-biker:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Van Eman

ok got the harrow out of the weeds and dirt. Again, if this doesn't belong to the wheelhorse please correct me. 

PXL_20210829_202556339.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Mike Van Eman said:

wheelhorse

Mike it looks like the other folks have got you off to a great start. 

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Good to see that ole gem in the hands of someone with a desire to get it running and be careful about it. 

Whatever questions you have... Someone here has experienced it and will have an answer. 

• Like 2

953 nut

Here is some further information you could use.

• Like 2

Gregor

Don't take too much of what I say seriously. I realize you would never part with that tractor, and I don't blame you, I wouldn't either. Some day, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, a Senior, or Lever steer will come my way. I probably won't be able to afford it, but I'll buy it anyway. Then my wife will shoot me, and it will be for sale again. The circle continues.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 7

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The circle continues

You been nice to me and all up to now .. please make sure your will has my address...

• Haha 2

Gregor
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

You been nice to me and all up to now .. please make sure your will has my address...

Go in to make a pot of coffee, come back, and Eric has me dead and buried ! At least wait until I get a Senior !  Seriously, I have wondered just what my wife would do with all my "stuff". Both of my kids have picked which tractor they want. I only have 4 grand kids, maybe they will each get one. That still leaves 6. My wife refuses to drive any of them. Keep your eye on FB for a Wheel Horse, Lawn Boy, motor, and tool BONANZA sale. As far as my will, I have a trust. I can't quite remember your name being mentioned, :confusion-confused: but maybe I missed it. I don't get into those technical things too much.

• Haha 3

71_Bronco

Man, that's cool. Welcome to the forum, and a great first post.

Be sure to give that ol' girl the love and attention it deserves. Hope it's something simple.

As others stated, it probably wouldn't hurt to check / change all the fluids in there as well. But the fact that it isn't seized in place is a good sign.

Side note, here's a pic of my grandfathers tractor (sitting in my shed currently). The memories and sentimental value attached to this thing is incredible.

20200905_112705.jpg.1bd172d9f911b0716cae0f92f96680b8.jpg

20200905_112714.jpg.caf73bb0ec1d9cd123f716125a768fc6.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

71_Bronco

Double-Tap

Edited by 71_Bronco

ebinmaine

Well said. @formariz

• Like 2

Mike Van Eman

I appreciate it everyone. You've got a great community here. Fingers crossed we get her running. 

• Like 5

Gregor

We have faith. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Mike Van Eman said:

Fingers crossed we get her running. 

They never stop running. Sometimes they just take a break...

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

WheelhorseBob

You’ll get her running. While not an RS I restored a 1956 Economy country squire. A lot of work but great experience. Tractors of this vintage have a lot in common. When it comes to your Wisconsin engine there is not a person finer in the world than James Curry. I can get you contact info if desired. FWIW that is too nice to restore to new. Clean and get it operating and you sir will have a Jem! My Economy.....

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

jtrosp1980

Good evening I have a 1970 raider 10 that my dad bought long before a was even thought of it has set for at least 10 years I have oil on the blade it ran when it went in his shed what would I want to start to look at.

Screenshot_20210818-214636_Shutterfly.jpg

Screenshot_20210818-214621_Shutterfly.jpg

Screenshot_20210818-214652_Shutterfly.jpg

aemsee

that is a beautiful machine!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jtrosp1980

Thanks hoping to have it running soon 

• Like 1