Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Thanks for everyone's efforts and sharing

CasualObserver

Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks2.gif to everyone who is sharing photos of tractors and literature. We're really building quite a collection in there! :D Let's keep it going!

and here's a couple of random smilies for fun farmer.gifi_munching.gifnoball.gifapple.gif

nylyon

I've got to say that part of the forum is outstanding, turned out even better than I thought it would have!

Stigian

Just a couple of quick questions.

Are photos welcome if the Wh in question is not er.. in perfect condition :D

And number 2 :P where would my raider 10 fit into the gallery?

CasualObserver

Ian, In my opinion, any photos of tractors are acceptable... the object is to build a nice reference library of what they look like... so since we rarely find tractors in perfect condition, we should be able to reference what "used" tractors look like... (I hope that makes sense to others like it did in my head)

As for your Raider... You need to nail down your manufacturing year, and then throw it in the appropriate folder. If your model is already there, then add your tractor as a reply to the original post. Looking forward to it. :D

CasualObserver

Sorry, I just noticed that your tractor is in your signature... since it's a 1974... it belongs in the 73-77 folder. I would title it 1974 Raider 10 UK. :D

Rollerman

I've personally really enjoyed seeing this part of the site develope too! :P

I'll make sure to add some pics....some of mine I don't have the decals on so I held off...a couple of my others are to buried to look at the ID tag to know for sure what year they are.

Should we add an implements section also or just add the implements in the respective years with the tractors....just a thought that shot through my head. :D

nylyon

Humm... Implement section :D Well that makes sense.

combatmp29r

I was wondering the same thing Stephen. I added a couple of the Commando V8s implements in its pics, but I have others I don't have pictures of yet.

WheelHorse_of_course

I think implements should be categorized by type. This is because so often year and model are not known

Within each type the year and part number should be listed as part of the post descriptions, otherwise "unknown".

Categories

Mower Decks Mid Mount - 2 Blade Shaft types

Mower Decks Mid Mount - 3 blade, pre 1972(?) mount

Mower Decks Mid Mount - 3 blade 1972 onward

Mower Decks front and rear mounts

Sickle Bars

Snow Blades

Snow Blowers Front Mount- Single stage

Snow Blowers Front Mount - Two-Stage

Tillage - Plows

Front End Loader

"Trip" Buckets

Tillage - Harrows, Disk Harrows

Tillage - Tillers - PTO driven

Tillage - Tiller - Pull behind

Aerators

Leaf Sweepers

Chippers

Pumps and Generators

Dump Carts and other carts

OK, what did I miss?

Sparky

Umm, I think you missed "homemade" :thumbs: . Seems like we have a bunch of handy fabricators on this site.

Mike.......

kpinnc

Everyone-

I showed the gallery off to a fellow tractor collector today. He was quite impressed with it and the site as a whole. He's more into JDs and Cubs, but is looking at 2 WHs for sale locally. I would imagine we'll be hearing from him on this site soon.

His father has 15 (at least) WH tractors that I know of.

Thank you Karl and all the others who make this site something we can all be proud of! :thumbs:

Kevin

perry

the implement section sounds good. but what about accessorys ?. wheel wieghts, lights, radios, ect.

nylyon

I made it part of the implement section, if it gets big we'll split it out. Great ideas guys and it is looking awsome! :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Good point Perry I know there is at leaste one album on WFM for JD accessoories like that. Hmmmmmmm

T-Mo

I also would like to commend everyone. The gallery is quite nice - and awesome. There are some nice looking horses there as well as some which are in the working state. Love it. :thumbs:

nylyon

The Gallery is.... dare I say.... WICKED!

Stigian

Umm, I think you missed "homemade" :thumbs: . Seems like we have a bunch of handy fabricators on this site.

Mike.......

Thats a very good thought Mike :D:D

At the risk of sounding like a teenager, Im with Nylon - WICKED :thumbs::P :P

Rollerman

One more sugestion....... :thumbs:

If you know your implement or accesories part number.....I think it would be helpful to have it in the description?

ie....1955 Wheel Weights WW-12 as an example?

CasualObserver

I agree... at least in the post with the picture to keep the topic names simple and the list a little shorter.... seems like this section could get real big, real quick!