buckrancher

brian's 854 complete rebuild

HorseFixer

looking Good Brian! :omg:

buckrancher

Finnally got the last two pieces made and on the tractor just in time for the show

a stainless gear shift lever

000_0055.jpg

and a stainless 3 groove engine pulley

000_0056.jpg

:DEVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS :USA:

:wh:

ktrout01

What an awesome project !

I've just started tearing into my 854 and I want to thank you for posting all the great pics of your restoration. I'm not even going to try to come close to your level of work but you've made my project a whole lot easier by showing me how it all came apart and went back together.

Thanks again !

stoneman

holy crap! :) I don't know how much time you have in this thing, but I could put 40 per week into one and in 3 years I couln't make it look anywhere near that good.

WH854

This Was a Fantastic Story To Read :) For Your Great Presintation :thumbs:

Chas

squonk

Good thing that tractor wasn't there when I visited. You'd need 2 shop vacs to suck up all the drool!! :thumbs::):wh: Mike (just a mere mortal)

krazy_horse

Brian this is excellent, just what I needed!!!! Sure makes me feel inadiquate but sets a standard for my restoration.. Jim

COMMANDO6

Wow, a thread back from the dead.

This is the first time I've seen it. Nice work Brian.

So how does it look now several years later?

stevebo

Brian sold the tractor to a Kenb and it still looks and drives awesome. I took it for a ride at the show in June when ken bought it. I can tell you that Ken no longer owns it rather a kid named Cole lol... (that is Ken's son)....

buckrancher

Brian sold the tractor to a Kenb and it still looks and drives awesome. I took it for a ride at the show in June when ken bought it. I can tell you that Ken no longer owns it rather a kid named Cole lol... (that is Ken's son)....

you have your 854's mixed up steve I still have this one she has the stainless steel sickle bar mower on her I sold Ken the one that was

rebuilt from the big flood last year

brian

buckrancher

here's how she looks now

100_5880.jpg

Brian

• Like 1

stevebo

opps you are correct Brian. Sorry... You have been spitting out finished projects like crazy this past year I lost track-lol

Ken B

Speaking of my sons 854.... I was gathering some firewood to split yesterday across the street from my house yesterday with my sons 854 that I bought from Brian. I was using the Wheel Horse dump cart Stevebo gave to me. I had 150 pounds in it at best. After filling the cart I drove it on over to my house to split the wood on my log splitter. My son comes out and says, Dad, whatcha doin? I says, splittin some wood. He asks, why are you haulin it with my 854 and not the 520? I says, no real reason, I just wanted to run the 854. He says, well, I don't want you haulin wood with MY tractor because I wanna keep it nice and I don't want you breaking it! Alrighty then! She's in good hands Brian! By the way, my son loves the story of the flooded 854. Here she is.

IMG_0454.jpg

buckrancher

glad you guy's are enjoying it

littleredrider

I've seen both and both are sweet. Wish i could have gotten the one, mine is in need of much work. Since I first saw the stainless one at Brian's, I wanted to do that to mine. But after looking at these pics, I don't think it would look nearly as good.

51Chevy

Very nice restoration.I'm also restoring an 854. Did your stainless exhaust pipe ever blue?

buckrancher

Very nice restoration.I'm also restoring an 854. Did your stainless exhaust pipe ever blue?

not yet but being a show tractor the motor never gets run hard or for very long at full throttle

Brian

51Chevy

OK thanks looks great!

speedyleedy

That's a great job......... :bow-blue:

188fan

Wow, this thread alone was worth $20! Thanks man.

dmoore

JUST now ran across this thread. Brian what a professional restoration! The S/S touches are just over the top! I am in the middle of an 854 restoration at present and I am sure will be reverting back here to your work. Thank you for posting all this here to help others. Class act for sure! Dave