RetroMower

Can anyone name it?

RetroMower

I wasn't looking for yet another project but when I read it runs and drives at $100 I couldn't say no. I'm really suprised how well it operates.

$1,000,000 to the first who can correctly name the brand. No Google image searching is allowed lol I'll know. :greetings-wavingyellow:

20210731_095639.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

c-series don

Toro? 

Ed Kennell

Whiz-Mo

Ed Kennell

I take personal checks.    PM me for the address.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Zeek

I don't need anymore stuff, but I'd buy that too. That's in great shape for it's age!

RetroMower
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I take personal checks.    PM me for the address.

Aww close but I was looking for the full name it's a Red Tip whizzmo. Your consolation prize is a pair of  I ❤ john deere socks lol. In all seriousness I'm impressed anyone recognized this contraption. 

• Haha 5

Handy Don

Ingenious drivetrain having the pulley shaft be the pivot for the sulky/tractor to keep the belt tension constant. And the telescoping handle for riding/walking use is quite clever, too.

Is there a forward/reverse shifter?

RetroMower
27 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Ingenious drivetrain having the pulley shaft be the pivot for the sulky/tractor to keep the belt tension constant. And the telescoping handle for riding/walking use is quite clever, too.

Is there a forward/reverse shifter?

The belt tension isn't constant. The picture I posted of it its kinda hard to see the little round pedals in front of the foot rests is what controls forward motion. Pressing down on it applies tension and off you go. No reverse tho but it does have a very simple but effective brake that pushes a rod against the tires. And it comes apart extremely easy with one pin if you want to use it as a push mower. 

Ed Kennell

I had my Whiz-Mow for sale a few years back.    I only had the rear end sulky.102_0484.JPG.6041b0a6e5b002fe62cf85ec716f3d36.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, RetroMower said:

a pair of  I ❤ john deere socks lol

Better than an autographed pic of Sqounky at the bus stop anyway! 

Take the blade off be a cool ride around at shows! I'd took that for a Franklin any day Retro. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX??