Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse 3D

Hydraulic controls..power beyond

Wheel Horse 3D

Noted that the existing ARK 500 control spools have the power beyond "BYD" attached as the return to the tank rather than the "OUT". Wouldn't this be providing high pressure to the tank?(Which wouldn't hold that pressure due to the open vent) Perhaps I should change this to the "OUT" and when I go to do the backhoe I can utilize the "BYD" port as the input to the Backhoe spools.

Is my thinking correct here?

pacer
11 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Wouldn't this be providing high pressure to the tank

Good question..... while I dont have a horse FEL, I do have a Mitsubishi with FEL and it is plumbed just as you describe, and as long as the controls on the bucket are idle there is a strong flow to the case, but when the controls to the the bucket is moving the flow stops  -- And, the 3 point does not work at all! Info on this model is really scarce, but in the parts manual the pic of the plumbing gives a rough indication that the plumbing goes from pump directly to tranny case with a return pipe on the bottom of the case. In my plumbing the pressure line from the pump goes directly to the controls, and, as I said, the return goes to the case. I cannot find any info on the 'guts' of the tranny plumbing ... and so far I am hesitant to open the tranny case to inspect...... Seems that if the controls are idle and the flow to the case is strong, the the 3 pt should work??

Im thinkin a 'diverter' valve should be in there some where??? I have never really needed the 3 pt for anything (I have 3 'D' models that take care of most of those type jobs) But it just PO's me that I cant figure out why that 3 pt wont work!!

Wheel Horse 3D

my FEL pump and controls are separate from the tractor systems. High pressure from pump goes to the "IN" port of the monoblock sectional valve with the two spools for the Arms and bucket, the return line comes out the "BYD" port, and the "OUT" port is plugged.

Wheel Horse 3D

Have you checked for other lines attached to the tranny other than the "IN" from the pump and the "out " back to the tank? My C141 Auto has an additional line from the transmission that runs to a hydraulic lift  control and cylinder (Sunstrand hydro)

pacer
1 minute ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

other lines attached to the tranny other than the "IN"

Yes, I should have mentioned that -- on the opposite side of the case is a short pipe from the case to the ...... 3pt mechanism housing?? and of course it would have to have pressure there to get it to work. And I have checked and it has NO flow!  That 3 bolt housing in the center of the case is some part of the plumbing. I can remove it and spin the motor with the starter and I get flow out of one of the 3 ... ports? but none at the pipe. (that control on the top is to maintain speed of lift/drop -slow/fast/float)

That black .. knob? is the ck/ad oil opening and the inlet pipe is directly under it, so the flow into the case is easily seen......

image.png.fef2bea57384a47783da6fe662b28ea1.png

pfrederi

Here are pics of the hydro control on my D200 with an ARC loader.

BYD port is not even cut in.  Real simple.  IN from pump OUT  to the reservoir, Center two are covers for the valve springs.  Been this way for several years works just fine.  Wonder if some one swapped you control valve...

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

pacer

That is actually like mine as far as conx points, I also do not have a 'BYD' port.  The bottom hose is pressure and top is return.

I ... think maybe? that when the FEL was added that they may have figured they didnt need/want the 3pt and just bypassed it....???

image.png.4f9d113d0c9f21671a4d7476c485d094.png

roadapples

I've had a front end loader for over 10 years, and thankful that everything works as it should, because I have no idea what you guys are talking about...:scratchead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ACman

@pacer here’s a list of manufacturers that used Mitsubishi tractors for their scut’s . Possible that if case/iH used your model they’d have a better manual.

https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_tractors_built_by_Mitsubishi_for_other_companies

Edited by ACman

Wheel Horse 3D
5 hours ago, pacer said:

That is actually like mine as far as conx points, I also do not have a 'BYD' port.  The bottom hose is pressure and top is return.

I ... think maybe? that when the FEL was added that they may have figured they didnt need/want the 3pt and just bypassed it....???

Im thinking thats likely what youre dealing with. One nice thing about mine being seperate systems.

Wheel Horse 3D
5 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Here are pics of the hydro control on my D200 with an ARC loader.

BYD port is not even cut in.  Real simple.  IN from pump OUT  to the reservoir, Center two are covers for the valve springs.  Been this way for several years works just fine.  Wonder if some one swapped you control valve...

IMG_0276.JPG

Thats probably how mine should be connected looks like the same monoblock valve except im not sure if I have the spring covers.And thats perfect to use the BYD for later! Thanks for the confirmation!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Jrain
8 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Noted that the existing ARK 500 control spools have the power beyond "BYD" attached as the return to the tank rather than the "OUT". Wouldn't this be providing high pressure to the tank?(Which wouldn't hold that pressure due to the open vent) Perhaps I should change this to the "OUT" and when I go to do the backhoe I can utilize the "BYD" port as the input to the Backhoe spools.

Is my thinking correct here?

Yes you are correct power beyond is for Backhoe application  not loader application .

• Thanks 1