Kimm

pulley needed

Kimm

I have a 1964 wheel hoaese tractor. My belt shedded after acouple of uses. We dropped the deck and put on a new belt. We noticed that the belt are rubbing. one of the pulleys is very worn and sharp. We are looking to replace that to see if it helps. I am looking for part number106074 pulley- blade drive. for a toro. Any idea if this wold help to seperate the belts and does anyone have one for sale?

daveoman1966

Here is a NEW pulley 106074 on Ebay for about $50 bux. Item # 284325787415

If you go to a dealer, expect to pay closer to $100 for the same pulley.

Aa a temporary alternative:  Take the pulley off.  Presuming you have a bench grinder (doesn't everyone), fit the pulley on a 3/4 shaft and by hand, uniformly turn the SHARP edges against the grindstone...knocking off the sharp edges.   

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
32 minutes ago, Kimm said:

part number106074

I happen to have one good used one and can better that ebay price.  I also have a NEW double center pulley 106073, this one being new and a double would be a bit more.  Both are excess to my needs. These are from a 48" side discharge deck.

Message me if interested.

Just to be absolutely certain that you are looking for the correct part numbers, tell us what cutting deck you have.

MORE IMPORTANT than just replacing the pulleys, you must first determine WHY the belts are rubbing and wearing out the pulley!  Post some pictures, perhaps we can help diagnose.  You MAY have worn out spindles!

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 3

Kimm

How much for the one I need? And how much if I get both? I will have to talk to my mechanic. What is the OD and ID of the one you have. I just want to make sure it is the same one. Thank you for getting back to me. I attached the picture of the mower manual. In case it doesn't come through, it is Wheel Hoarse 75-42MS02

Kim

archive (4).zip

Jeff-C175
20 hours ago, Kimm said:

How much for the one I need?

I'm going to send you a private message here on the board... we shouldn't discuss this on this forum.  It's not the 'classified' section.

BUT... according to my part manual which is a bit newer than yours, the 42" and the 48" pulleys are DIFFERENT.

Make sure you are looking at the correct column for the part you need!

image.png.ec76ed62558f2f5c56b05e109099aa17.pngI do not have the pulley for the 42" deck!  I think you need the 106072 part.

Kimm

You are right , I had the wrong one for my deck. I am learning alot from this. I need 106072. I can't find the private message area. Where do I go for that?

Jeff-C175

@Kimm

I believe that the 106072 is about 85mm diameter.  As I recall the 106074 is around 110 mm diameter.

The parts lists that are in the manual section are not at all clear on this!  One needs to be VERY careful ordering parts!  Sorry I don't have what you need.

If you look at the top right of the page you will see an envelope icon:

image.png.0f5ef3aa2b451bccbdaf80c01f691349.png

You can click that to get to the private message section, OR

If you float over a member's icon you will see this:

image.png.2c02965ae3435e17dadd3efaf79528b2.png

and you can click that to send a private message.